Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 1/2 year old needs fillings =(

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:02 PM
  • 2 Replies

I feel like such a horrible mom! I kept saying we need to get him to a dentist etc etc.. but never got around to it. Now I feel like its all my fault that he has 6 caivities! I never let him eat much candy.. only on occasions.. and holidays like halloween and thats it. He doesn't even drink a lot of soda..

I guess its his love of apple juice that may have done it. I brush his teeth really well.. and he LOVES to brush his teeth too. The five cavitites are very small and minor. One on the back right side is major.. almost to the root and has to have a silver cap on it.. due to it being soo deep and the fact that there are cavitites on the biteing surface as well as the side near the toungue. I feel like a HORRIBLE mother. I never went to the dentist soo young.. always had my teeth brushed.. even drank tons of juice and was just fine. Didnt have any cavitties till I was 13 and supposidly was because the grooves in my teeth didnt close correctly and now matter what i did or didnt do.. would be bound to have cavities.

I feel like a failure as a parent. I SHOULD have had him seen sooner.. and maybe this whole mess could have been prevented. He did really well at the kids dentist place today. They were all soo nice! So that was a huge plus. I'm not too worried about him having work done .hes a super brave lil kid for his age.. and they will give him a gas type mask to "loosen him up" lol something I wish I could get at the dentist lol.. and then put a topical cream on the tooth etc before they even give him a shot to numb him up.. so he really shouldnt feel much of anything. Have any of you moms had your kids have fillings at or around the age of 4 1/2? Just wanted to get some input and see how other kids experiences went.

Man they charge a lot. This dentistry is a provider of our ins.. but at the two visits that we have to make (he cant have all the work done at once) we have to feeakin pay 119 up front! Sheeish! Guess it could be worse.. we only pay about 220.. the total bil is 700 something!! Thank god for insurance! Thanks for reading. I'm soo paranoied and feel soo bad.. were brushing BOTH of our kids teeth twice a day now and flossing Kyles teeth!

cryingShoot.. maybe we'll brush three times a day! I'm paranoied about Blake.. I have to wash down his teeth after EACH bottle! He has to marks on the front two teeth that if not taken care of properly.. will turn to cavities.. hes only 14 months! What am I doing wrong? He fights us on trying to brush his teeth. and doesnt fall asleep with a bottle.. so what else am I supposed to do??!! I feel horrible! What am I doing wrong????!!!! I feel like crap =( I'm such

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
girlygirl320
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:04 PM

your not a bad mom---a bad mom wouldn't CARE.

don't beat yourself up....now you'll know what to do different!    thats how we learn!

take care.

jen.

canthaveboys1
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:14 PM

I took my daughter for the kindergarden check up requirement. They said that her two back teeth need some work because when they are little and they are teething, and get sick the fever can cause their teeth to be messed up. I felt so bad. She had the chicken pox when she was 15 months old, and that is what caused it. I never knew that could happen. 

Canthaveboys1
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)