Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I was reading

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:14 PM
  • 10 Replies

In a parents mag that babies should have 8 feeding a day bottle/breast...My question is how many oz should a 4 month old be drinking?

Brynn drinks 4 8 oz bottles so 32 oz a day...basically 8 oz every 4 hrs and she eats rice cereal once a day....she was up to 4 oz by 2weeks and 6 oz by 6 weeks old...per dr ...she doent wake at night to eat at all...is she getting enough

Follow me to a new tommorow...
http://www.cafemom.com/group/mommyweightbegone09
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Yep, she's getting plenty.  They suggest around 28oz and up a day. 

~Jill~

sbilbo
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:22 PM

I read somewhere that they are supposed to be eating at least like 2wice their weight in milk...Mine eats a lot more!

Sweetestgirl79
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:29 PM

she was 13 pounds at 2 months and I think atleast 15 pounds now..so then 32 would be right?

Quoting sbilbo:

I read somewhere that they are supposed to be eating at least like 2wice their weight in milk...Mine eats a lot more!

elpollitolindo
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:31 PM

O YEAH MY BABY IS 5MTHS OLD AND ALMOST 2O LBS

jillbailey26
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:33 PM

My daughter is 8 months and probably about 15lbs or at least almost.  She's a preemie, so fixed, she'd be 6 months.  She's not even on the chart for her age and weight, so I wouldn't worry about it so much.  She's eating fine and she definitely doesn't look like she's starving.....LOL.  You're doing a great job.

Quoting Sweetestgirl79:

she was 13 pounds at 2 months and I think atleast 15 pounds now..so then 32 would be right

Quoting sbilbo:

~Jill~

Sweetestgirl79
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:36 PM

thank u !..i just couldnt remember ho much they should be taking...she is def a solid baby lol!..way diffrent then my first daughter...kayde was 9pds 4 at birth and long 21.75...brynn was 9pds 12.3 oz and chubby...20 inch ..its been almost 2 1/2 years since kayde was a baby so i forget what they should be eating and everything says diffrent stuff..

Quoting jillbailey26:

My daughter is 8 months and probably about 15lbs or at least almost.  She's a preemie, so fixed, she'd be 6 months.  She's not even on the chart for her age and weight, so I wouldn't worry about it so much.  She's eating fine and she definitely doesn't look like she's starving.....LOL.  You're doing a great job.

Quoting Sweetestgirl79:

she was 13 pounds at 2 months and I think atleast 15 pounds now..so then 32 would be right

Quoting sbilbo:

AmelieH
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:36 PM

wow, that is double what my 4 month old gets.  as long as they are growing at a healthy rate you are good.  pediatrician will tell you at a well baby visit if you need to feed more, but i think you are doing good!

jillbailey26
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:38 PM

All the babies grow and eat at different rates.  My boys were like yours, the first one is tall and skinny and my second is short and chunky.  My third (our daughter) is looking to be a little of both...lol.

Quoting Sweetestgirl79:

thank u !..i just couldnt remember ho much they should be taking...she is def a solid baby lol!..way diffrent then my first daughter...kayde was 9pds 4 at birth and long 21.75...brynn was 9pds 12.3 oz and chubby...20 inch ..its been almost 2 1/2 years since kayde was a baby so i forget what they should be eating and everything says diffrent stuff..

Quoting jillbailey26:

Quoting Sweetestgirl79:

Quoting sbilbo:

~Jill~

Sweetestgirl79
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:41 PM

thank u for the responce :)

Follow me to a new tommorow...
http://www.cafemom.com/group/mommyweightbegone09
1mom08
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:44 PM
you are feeding her enough and trust me if you were not she'd let you know!!

Photobucket

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)