Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trying to wean

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:19 PM
  • 4 Replies

Any advice for me?  My daughter is almost 13 mos. and I would like to try and start weaning.  She is having none of it, especially at night, if she could sleep with the breast in her mouth all night, she would.  She also will not sleep in her crib, and at night or during the day if I won't give her the breast she throws a temper tantrum!!!! Help!

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
reux
by Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:00 PM

Bump (sorry, I don't have any advice. My child is not yet born). Good luck!

CafeMom Admin
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:23 PM

how are you

Hi mommyradke,

In addition to posting your question here, you may also want to visit the Breastfeeding Moms group. The moms in there may have some answers and advice for you.

Here are some CafeMom Featured Groups.

You can also search for a group based on your interests here:

http://www.cafemom.com/groups/find.php

We hope you enjoy CafeMom!

//The CafeMom Admin Team

clwlockey
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:28 PM
i was going to suggest what the Admin suggested as well! i haven't started weaning yet but i am working on the sleeping in the crib thing.... what we did was moved the crib into the living room so he could sleep in there but still see and hear us during the day. then once he got used to it we moved it to his room and now he will sleep in there all the time! we are still working at getting through the whole night cause he wants to eat all night too! but we start him in his crib and then after he gets up at 3am i just bring him to bed! good luck!

DeTora_Family
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:33 PM

I would have someone take care of naps and bedtime.  She will have a much easier time with someone she isn't used to getting breastmilk from.  I am still breastfeeding, but I do not nurse my son to sleep, nor do I do any night nursing. Hopefully her father or someone with patience and experience is able to help.  Be prepared for a week or more of misery.  I know you're ready, but it doesn't sound like she is.  Good luck.

~Please read my toddler blog-Raising Rocco~

I am a green, natural-birthing, co-sleeping, non-CIO, baby-wearing, cloth-diapering, extended-breastfeeding, non-spanking, delayed-vaccinating, early toilet-teaching, Irish Catholic mama of advanced maternal age to my extended rear-facing Italian bambino. You don't have to agree, but that's me. Nice to meet you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)