• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do I have a right to be angry?????????

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:22 PM
  • 23 Replies

My mother and my grandmother watch my son, wed, thurs and fri when I am at work.  Well my son turned 4 months on the 9th. I was going to introduce rice cereal to him soon, but I wanted to wait until his appointment on Tuesday to talk to his Pedi. Anyways, my mother calls me laughing saying Carter had his first bit of food. I asked what she was talking about and she told me that my grandmother mushed up some bananas and gave them to him. Im sorry, but I am really angry. I called the Pediatrician and he told me to just keep him on cereal. I would have like to be there when he had his first taste of food. Not my mother calling me and telling me, Oh well he liked it!  WTF??!!!!!  Do I have a right to be mad or am I overreacting?

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steph2884
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:23 PM

You should be the one to give your son his first food, and no one else.

pregnancy calendar

baby

Destiny1403
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:24 PM

Thank you!!! I am so angry right now.

Quoting steph2884:

Piscean
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:26 PM

I would be angry too. Especially because she should know to at least check with you before doing something like that--and because you weren't there for your baby's first taste of food. I'm sure she didn't do it to be malicious, but it doesn't make it any less upsetting. I would express your feelings to her.

Princesa769
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:26 PM

my grandparents watch my baby too. they started giving her bread wi/out asking us first. n i was a little mad. but they always ask first now b4 they give her food.

Destiny1403
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:28 PM

I think I am more angry that I wasnt there to see it!

HJMT555
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:33 PM

Quoting steph2884:

yep its half the fun

gemma1988
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:37 PM

Yes, you have a definate right to be upset. I wouldn't let ANYONE touch my son for the first month after his birth!!!!! All the new things and the getting to give your child something new and see what they do should be reserved for the mother.

maybaby08
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:39 PM

That's how I would be. Upset that I didn't see it. But I wouldn't be upset that they gave him food. They meant well.

Quoting Destiny1403:

I think I am more angry that I wasnt there to see it!

Yes we CAN and Yes we DID!!!!

Photobucket

GabrielRiley
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:41 PM

I guess I can see why your mad. It never bothered me that my parent's or whoever would give my son food. But I missed everything cause he didn't want to wait for my days off. Sometimes the babysitter wouldn't tell me stuff so that I could be surprised when he did stuff.

littlemissyjen
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:43 PM

I'd be pissed too. My SO says that us women overreact and such. But I happen to agree with you. Mom should be the first to feed the kid no one else.

Photobucket
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)