• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 6yo is sick... have you ever heard of this?? *update pic page 5*

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:22 PM
  • 50 Replies

He's coughing, sore throat, fever and now he's broken out with a rash of little red spots all over his face.  Only on his face though, no where else.  Anybody ever dealt with this????  Seen it??

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doodles22
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:23 PM

bump

Princesa769
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:24 PM

does he have any bumps on his tounge? it sounds like the hand foot diease. i think my cousin had it.

LbkMommyOf2

seriously....take the kid to the Dr and ask them 

TinaNichole

How high is his fever?

wtkgyoung
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:26 PM

OMG! My 7week old just had this! He got spots one day that you could see under the skin but couldnt feel, then by the next day they were spread down his legs and you were able to feel them. He als had a pea sized 'bubble' come up in his vein behind his ear. He started getting sick Monday and is almost completly over it today. The doctors said it was a virus and just told me to keep giving him tylonal. Hope this helps

praisinghim2day
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Just looked at his tongue... nothing there.  The closer I look at his face, the more it looks like broken blood vessles.  Is it possible to cough so hard that you break blood vessles in your face?

Quoting Princesa769:

does he have any bumps on his tounge? it sounds like the hand foot diease. i think my cousin had it.

praisinghim2day
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Um, yeah, I'd be glad to if I could get out of my driveway.... we're kind of in a SNOW STORM right now.  Besides that, I don't take my kid for every little sniffle.  I was just asking if anybody experienced this.

Quoting LbkMommyOf2:

seriously....take the kid to the Dr and ask them 

proudyankeemom

Yes it is...but before jumping to a conclusion, please see a dr!

Quoting praisinghim2day:

Just looked at his tongue... nothing there.  The closer I look at his face, the more it looks like broken blood vessles.  Is it possible to cough so hard that you break blood vessles in your face?

Quoting Princesa769:

TinaNichole

it is probaby a viral rash

Quoting praisinghim2day:

Quoting Princesa769:

praisinghim2day
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:29 PM

101.7 right now.  It was up to 102.3 this morning.  I've been giving him Motrin and Sudafed Cold and cough... and the sore throat disolving strips.

Quoting TinaNichole:

How high is his fever?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)