Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some advice from people that know anything about....

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:27 PM
  • 1 Replies

I have gotten large cysts on my ovaries several times and ended up going to the hospital or trying to bare the pain without going to the hospital. This has been happening ever since the time I was 14 years old. I am now 22 and concieved my first son on birthcontrol. Now we've been trying for our second baby for 8 almost 9 months now and nothing yet. I was in the emergency room with a very large cyst on my right ovary. Then the month before that I was in for the same thing. They told me to follow up with an obgyn and so I went today and they told me they wanted to test me to see if i have polycystic ovarian syndrome that that could be what my problems are and why I'm not getting my period regularly. My periods are really unpredictable anywhere from 30-75 days apart and she said that if the blood work comes out positive that she will put me on Metforman which should help with the cysts and getting my period regularly. So Anyone have polycystic ovarian syndrome or someone taken the medicine metformin? Do you have regular cycles and How do you deal with it? Does it affect you your whole life? and does metformin help? Plz bump me if you don't know.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Ms.Dean
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:37 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)