Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did i pay for his Ex Wife Dentist appt?????

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:13 PM
  • 16 Replies

What the heck so we paid Child support the other day for my husbands 2 daughter right? So she asked us for $50 for the girl for their dentis appts. So we said ok we will write a check to the dentist cause she lied to us before when we gave her extra cash she was suppose to put the oldest in Soccer and never did and took our money. Any ways I was looking online today at my bank account and i viewd the front of the check cause it went thru and at the bottom where you can put what the check is for I had wrote Dentist. When i viewed the check it said Dentist/ Her NAme not the kids name but her name.. Why would her name be there if it wasnt for her. Wouldnt you put the Patient name on there like one of the kids?   All i can think of is that I paid for her? I know at the dentist the files dont o by the parents name but for the actual patient even if it is a kid.   Please tell me what you think???  I think I got screwed.

Thanks

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NSeni
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:17 PM

i think you guys are stupid for ever giving her money in the first place. there's no way to tell if that app was for her or not so don't worry yourself over it, but if she needed money for the kids tell her that's what your damn child support is f'in for. do NOT give her any extra money. EVER.

mommy2000
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:17 PM

i think that u should stop giving her extra money, tell her if its not enough, she should take u to court.

mommytoG
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:22 PM

I just found out that even thoughI get child support from my sons dad, I have to pay for all copays and what the insurance doesnt cover until a $500 amount is reached. Then I make copies of all the bills and send a letter of demand to him and he has to pay me back half. Which in our papers it says that we each have to pay 50/50 for what is not covered, which is crap because if its 50/50 it should be 50/50 not me pay all of it up to a certain amount then get my half back. I will never get back if i do that. But they told me if he doesnt pay to send another set  of copies and the demand letter to them and they will take it out of his check.

Not sure if that helps, but you can tell her to pay for all and then bill you like I have to do for my sons dad

,,Blinkie Maker,

prestonjohn
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:25 PM

maybe she wrote her name in there so you knew the dentist bill was for them and not your own family,,just because her name is there doesnt mean the dentist didnt write it as the kids are minors and seh was the one paying the bill not the kids,,get what I mean 

dkaam05
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:28 PM

Next time I would drop it off to the dentist myself.  I know one time my mom asked my dad to help pay a dentist bill for me and he sent the dentist a check himself.  I would never give the lady any money.  If the kids need something and she asked for money I would tell her that you guys will go out and buy, not give her money for it.

canthaveboys1
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:33 PM

I wouldnt give her extra money, I would have taken those kids to the dentist myself. I think you got screwed, I also think if she needs extra money she should work extra hours at work. She should be grateful for getting child support in the first place. Not all of us are that lucky!! 

Canthaveboys1
SummersMom06
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:37 PM

Let me tell ya this chick has 6 kids and doesnt work. We really dont mind giving extra for the girls really., We just dont like being screwed. I really thought i was safe giving her a check and making it out for the dentist.  I have alot to learn dont I.

Quoting canthaveboys1:

I wouldnt give her extra money, I would have taken those kids to the dentist myself. I think you got screwed, I also think if she needs extra money she should work extra hours at work. She should be grateful for getting child support in the first place. Not all of us are that lucky!! 

mom22tumblebugs
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:41 PM

Maybe the office staff wrote it as a note since the name on the check is different that the patient info records. I wouldn't assume anything...

fawn321
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:44 PM

that doesn't mean it was for her. She is the responsible party for the child.  When they look under "billing" they will look under HER name, not the child's name.   

lisaspainhour
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:51 PM

Hi,

I know it's frustrating. Especially trying to figure out what or if you're helping out, is actually being used for what you intended. Okay so, next time you could tell her that you will call the dentist office and pay it over the phone, that way she doesn't have to worry about it and go ahead and take of the children. While you're on the phone, you can ask the questions you need to. If she has any excuses, then you know she is lying. Your husband's info. should be on their dental and medical papers so they should have no problem giving him the the information you both need to know if you're being taken for a ride.

Lisa

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)