Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Daycare

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:21 PM
  • 5 Replies

Ok so I have been running around the idea of going to school for business now and opening up my own day care. However I need to find out what are the state rules and whats allowed and what all I have to do in order to open one in Ohio. Can anyone help me find a site whice tells me what I have to do for my state?

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
barrier
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:28 PM

bump

mommytoG
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:29 PM
Starting A Daycare Center
The picture wont come up but you could buy this
Starting a Daycare Center
Daycare.com $29.95 Special Offer!

,,Blinkie Maker,

proudnewmommyy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:29 PM

bump

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Free Blinkies

canthaveboys1
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:35 PM

Contact your local department of children and family services they should send you all kinds of paperwork, if all else fails google! 

Canthaveboys1
KristyCT
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:49 PM

CAll Info Line, 211

They are a great resource for information. Most states have it, I am not sure where you are.

You should call your local licensing department (like here I would go to the State of Connecticut Website and then go under the DAycare department for licensing. Look on your city, town and state websites) They will send you a packet that tells you everthing from the number of kids you can have to what will need to be done around your home. Most should come out and inspect your home giving you a list of what will need to be done (gates have to be so high, railings on stairs have to have slats in a certain width, baby gates....)

Best of Luck!

Pyzam Family Sticker Toy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)