Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vaccum cleaners?? edited

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:32 PM
  • 8 Replies

Our just stopped working;( we need a new one and I need suggestions!! We want a good one but we dont want to spend $500 lol

Edit  Has anyone used one of the irobot vaccums that does it all for you?? this sounds amazing but not sure if they work good

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
canthaveboys1
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:38 PM

I have a bissel I like it, wal mart 100 bucks, and I have had it 6 years no problems, and we vacume everyday, (not by choice) 

Canthaveboys1
IloveHayden08
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:39 PM

Oh wow which one is it?? does it suck stuff up good? They have a few different models at wal mart

Quoting canthaveboys1:

I have a bissel I like it, wal mart 100 bucks, and I have had it 6 years no problems, and we vacume everyday, (not by choice) 

Hisservent
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:44 PM

We just got a Bissell Revolution Pet for christmas. We have a dog and needed something that worked on carpet and hardwood floors w/o spitting the dog hair back out. We needed one that dug into the carpet to pick up the hair, and this vaccuum does wonders!! We really wanted a dyson animal but that was waaaay to expensive. So we saw this Bissell and it was on sale at best buy for $170. It has a hepa filter too and it's bagless. I love it!!!

All I have, all I am, all I ever will be, is because of you, Lord!

I am a 100% pro-life, wife, church goin Christain, choir singin, recycling, natural products user, vaccinating, non co-sleepin, CIO method user, soy milk drinking, organic milk givin, coffee drinking, dog lovin, schedule stickin to, vitamin givin/takin, soy candle burning, as Green as I can get, WAHM. giving heart

Emmy217
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:47 PM

I have a hoover Mach 3. I got it from walmart for about $80 and it works great. We don't have pet hair to clean up....but whenever I use it, it's always filled with dust and gross stuff you never know is in the carpet!

I had an Eureka Envirovac...I got it for Christmas, it did good at sucking things up but it just broke...which is why I returned it for something that hopefully wouln't break in a month.

So far so good.

I went to walmart.com and looked at their vacuums then sort of based my decision off of their customer reviews. Try it!

sbilbo
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:05 PM

iI have that hoover one...and it doesn't suck anymore...and it's only like a year and a half old...I don't suggest this one!

Quoting Emmy217:

I have a hoover Mach 3. I got it from walmart for about $80 and it works great. We don't have pet hair to clean up....but whenever I use it, it's always filled with dust and gross stuff you never know is in the carpet!

I had an Eureka Envirovac...I got it for Christmas, it did good at sucking things up but it just broke...which is why I returned it for something that hopefully wouln't break in a month.

So far so good.

I went to walmart.com and looked at their vacuums then sort of based my decision off of their customer reviews. Try it!

kalio
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:30 PM

I have a Dirt Devil Dynamite. It was $40 at Walmart 4 yrs ago. I use it 4 times a week on average. And it is the best vacuum! My mom used it once after my son was born and she couldn't believe the sucking power!! And then when I told her the price she was even more amazed! lol It's bagless and has a Hepa filter. And you replace in internal filter about every 3 months. And those are $5. Very good vacuum. We bought it thinking we'd have to replace it in a year.

MS
we need to find a cure.

Are you a young mom? Feel you have no one to go to?
Want someone to trust and can ask them anything without fear of being judged?
If so,come check out Big Sister's. We're here to help you! :]
Or do you want to become a Big Sister?

http://www.cafemom.com/group/bigsisters

STACIEH
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:33 PM

DYSON! It's the best. Bought mine at costco in november for $300.  LOVE IT!

mommy2kaiderb
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:15 PM

i realize you said you didnt want to pay a lot and we didnt either when our kirby quit working but we ended up paying 450 for the dyson asthma and allergies which really is what we needed we have a cotton feild right outside our front door cuz we live on a farm and there is so much dust and dirt but thats texas panhandle for you but it is amazing and worth every penny you cant even smell the dust or anything its that good so if u have asthma or allergies i would recomend it cuz it pays for its self in the long run

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)