• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Timeout Question....What chair do you use?...need help!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:11 PM
  • 13 Replies

OK! So here is my delima.

My daughter is driving me crazy. So i asked many mothers on CM what to do. Well they all retty much told me to put her in "Timeout". ok, sounds great...but i have a little problem...what chair do i use?

she wont just sit in front of the wall, and i dont want to use her highchair, or crib, or Tinkerbell sofa. Im scared that she will start to idenify these with "Timeout" when in fact their used for other things too.

so what do i use?

HELP!!!

surrender

I would love to be friends! Please feel free to send me a invite!!

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gypsydancer7
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:13 PM

Your right not to use one of her chairs ect.... You dont want her to associate it with bad things. You can get a plain wooden chair at Hobby Lobby or Micheals for 15 bucks (use the 40% off coupon too!!).

workin_mamie
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:16 PM

DH used to put SD in timeout no matter where we were. I remember we were at Wal-Mart one time and he told her she was in time out and to stand where she was. It worked for him! But she was 3 at the time. Might be different in your sitch.

kalio
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:22 PM

I just sit my 2 year old in the hallway, it is away from everything. You could also get a timeout rug for her to sit on. I have seen that on Jon and Kate +8. I don't know how old your daughter is but the younger kids are the less time they should be in time out. I think anything below three should be no longer than 3mins.

MS
we need to find a cure.

Are you a young mom? Feel you have no one to go to?
Want someone to trust and can ask them anything without fear of being judged?
If so,come check out Big Sister's. We're here to help you! :]
Or do you want to become a Big Sister?

http://www.cafemom.com/group/bigsisters

mommy492006
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:39 PM

we have a chair we bought that say I'll be good like I know I should and it says the time ou chair and it has a built in timer that you can use.

http://www.collectionsetc.com/Item14508.aspx?WT.mc_id=3FZZZ1

mksgirl83
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:45 PM

how about a swat on the behind!!!!!

emfsmom07
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:47 PM

we dont use a chair. we make him go to his room and sit on his bed

staci1103
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:49 PM

we used the old fashion couch

Nicole27
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:53 PM

i don't use a chair.  My punishments are different for different kids.  One stands in the corner, one sits on the couch facing the back of it and one goes to their room with the door closed.  Whichever one they hate the most is the one they get for punishment.

ChazznRoccosmom
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:56 PM

You can use a rug, or a cheap lawn chair, anything. My biggest thing is that is has to out of the way of anything fun (TV, toys, etc), and somewhere I can constantly see. I don't like the bedroom simply because I don't want them associating their room as a bad thing, plus they just go in there and play. Never worked for my boys. So Time out is it's own hellacious spot.

Chazz     Rocco    Joey

baby boybaby boybaby boy

06-24-02   09-05-05   09-15-08

pricelesslove24
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:03 PM

My children HATE time out and spankings just dont work. so what i use is a time out mat they have to sit in the middle of the kitchen floor indian style and because i have an open floor plan i can sit in the living room and watch them in the kitchen. It doesnt have to be a chair or a mat it is what ever you decide to use and the first few time she may escape time out but be sure to put her right back in and explain to her that her time out has started over and everytime she gets out before time then she has to go right back and start over and eventually she will get the picture

If your looking for support on your weight loss journey please feel free to stop by and join my group http://www.cafemom.com/group/survive09
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)