Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Successfully closet purge ...in the trash they went

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:13 PM
  • 5 Replies

OMG, these 17!!!!! year old leather boots have been sitting for over 10 years on the bottom my closet:

Too baggy around the calf. They look like old pointy toe'd high top golashes. Time to put them out of their misery. They went straight into the regular garbage bag in the kitchen. 17yrs old, pretty stiff old leather, no shape ...they  crossed the line from vintage to just ewwww! My goodness they were 17 years old!! That alone says it all! They were just plain old gross trash, isn´t it? 

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
perfectmom20
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:15 PM

lol they were too baggy around the calf,gave no shape to your leg. Well now you have an excuse to go buy neww shoes =] 

sarahbearamommy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:19 PM

shouldve sold them on ebay!!! lol you couldve gotten something for them.. maybe even more if they were real leather

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

ttc

nicole2
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:42 PM

Quoting sarahbearamommy:

shouldve sold them on ebay!!! lol you couldve gotten something for them.. maybe even more if they were real leather

Maybe from some old boots fetish guys ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!  Think those boots were just plain old crap.  

STACIEH
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:45 PM

always donate things that are still in good shape. there is some homeless lady out there that could have looked HOT in those boots:)

nicole2
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:00 PM

Quoting STACIEH:

always donate things that are still in good shape. there is some homeless lady out there that could have looked HOT in those boots:)

I think it's common sense to donate lightly worn shoes in excellent condition. Our church actually takes donations yearly that go to children in Mexico who literally do not own shoes. So, yeah, I definitely donate there. But those 17yrs old, worn, impractical boots? Nope. Think it wouldn't be useful and/or a great gift for the needing people! For those 17yrs old boots ...garbage bag was ok, isn´t it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)