• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 1/2 with a rash that came out of no where

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:13 PM
  • 11 Replies

my son is 2 21/2 and when he was in the bath tub i noticed a few redish marks on his tummy but I figured it was nothing and went about my business well its getting worse by the minute, its not bothering him but it is bothering me....should I take him to the emergency room? It is covering most of his turso and his entire  neck and parts of his legs...

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gypsydancer7
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:15 PM

You know...sometimes my dd gets this. I dont know why but it never bothers her and it always just goes away

bugga
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:15 PM

does it look like hives or little pimples

AShleyvpimpin
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Quoting bugga:

does it look like hives or little pimples

neither just redness...allover

bugga
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:09 PM

have u started potty training or any new activites?? & is there a vever (my letter above the v doesnt work sorry)  the reson i ask is we just went throw this w/ my 4 yr it turns out he was stressing himselv out bcause we started to take away the daipers @ night.. but u know ur child better then anyone eles iv u veel u need to go to the er then go cause u'll be up all night worring anyway "well that is what i always thought" some think i am crazy but i veel that is true nothing is better or unexplained then a mom's ensight with her child

happytexasCM
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Quoting AShleyvpimpin:

my son is 2 21/2 and when he was in the bath tub i noticed a few redish marks on his tummy but I figured it was nothing and went about my business well its getting worse by the minute, its not bothering him but it is bothering me....should I take him to the emergency room? It is covering most of his turso and his entire  neck and parts of his legs...

I would just call and tell his symptoms; if he is not bothered by it, it is not likely an emergency.

It could be roseola.

pamperedmolly
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 8:27 PM
sounds like roseola to me
mommabear40
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 10:13 PM

I'm wondering if he is allergic to something, possibly the bath soap you are using or maybe even the detergent you are using to wash his clothes in.  I had similar problems with my son, and eventually found out it was skin allergies/eczema.  After a long search, I finally found a lotion that is made from all-natural ingredients and has healed all his rash and skin problems.  It has also helped to heal my dry, cracked, bleeding hands. Let me know if you are interested.

SFerber
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 10:15 PM

Did you was your bathtub today?  If so what with?  It is VERY possible that the residue from the product is in the water and created a natural irritation. 

Or it could be that you are using a new bath soap? 

Successful flying solo mom of 3 earning from home discover How YOU Too Can Work From Home!

visit my CM page to learn more!

mama22babies
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 10:37 PM

Would love to know what that type of lotion is that you are using for the dry cracked and bleeding hands i have severe dry skin and it runs in my family and can't find anything that helps any suggestions on what to use thanks so much

bugga
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 9:04 AM

my cousin had that all over her body too my aunt got this cream @ the health vood store 4 her i thought it started with a "z" but i cant remember but it worked 4 her..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)