• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I take her to the ER?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:15 PM
  • 8 Replies

My daughter has been sick since Monday. We went to see her pediatrician on Wednesday. She had a 102.5 temperature early Wednesday morning. They weren't sure what was going on but they gave her Omnicef due to the high fever. She has been taking it for 3 days now and she seems to be getting worse instead of better. She's barely even eating, drinking, or wetting a diaper. They did a strep test and it was negative. Should I take her or give her a couple more days?

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
girlygirl320
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:18 PM

if shes not drinking or wetting much then YES take her-shes dehydrated and needs some IV fluids...........they need to figure out whats going on--obviously the omnicef isn't working.

good luck!!  dehydration is nothing to mess with esp. with little ones!

jen--nurse for 10 yrs.

Seven07
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:19 PM

Do you have an after hours # to call your doctor?  If not, I'd take her in.  It doesn't hurt to extra-cautious.

Eveshalloween
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:19 PM

FOR SURE TAKE HER TO THE ER!!!

Bryansmommy07
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:20 PM

If shes not drinking and having limited wet diapers i would take her in, children get dehydrated very quickly, there body will compensate for it for a lil bit and then they will crash, sry i dont mean to scary u that is worse case senario. but eating i wouldnt worry about, but fluids is a bigg thing they need. limited wet diapers is 1 sign of dehydration. if she starts to get lathargic take her in asap

Aamy
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:20 PM

YES, if she isnt eating or drinking and thats making her not wet a diaper ...... You need to take her in.

Only half the patients who go into an abortion clinic come out alive.   ~ Author Unknown
If it isn't a baby, then you aren't pregnant, so what are you aborting ?   ~ Author Unknown

DaniCalx2
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:21 PM

Things can go wrong really fast if she is dehydrated especially with a fever which is already using the fluid in her body. I wouldn't even hesitate to take her to the ER. 

crzybtful4_u

If she's not drinking or having a wet diaper, then yes, take her in. Like another mom said, she'll need to have an IV to get some fluids. This happened to my son last year(he was 4 at the time) and we had to sit there for 2 hrs. while they pumped him with fluids..it'll make her miserable, but she'll probably start to feel better.

((*Steph--momma to Elijah,Brayden and Hannah

giffer

yes, take her especially if she's not drinking or wetting.

i took my daughter when she was younger with the same symptoms & she had a UTI.

i hate mondays

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)