Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Masturbation????

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:38 PM
  • 6 Replies

Poll

Question: Based on what's written should I.....

Options:

talk to mom and let her handle it

talk to the girl in private

other(please explain)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 58

View Results

So I watch my husbands ex's daughter....(not my husbands child). She's 12 and I literally just caught her with her hands down her pants masturbating. And the creepier thing about it is....while she was....ya know....she was talking to a teddy bear. (She has a certain form of ADHD that causes immaturity.) I know it's normal to masturbate at her age due to puberty and all...but she sleeps in the same room as her 7 year brother. (No not in the same bed.) I didn't say anything to her because I didn't want to embarass her but I feel like I should. I mean...shouldn't she be doing that in the privacy of her own home behind a locked door. I mean there is a time and a place. So...how do I handle this?

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MikeysMom51108
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:40 PM

Are you close with her? If so, you could talk to her yourself. If not, I'd leave it up to her mother. Either way, don't make her feel ashamed about it. It's completely natural.

babyrae717
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:43 PM

No...I'm not that close with her. I've been watching her since June....but there isn't any bond or anything. So I think I'm going to wait up for mom tonight and talk to her. My oldest kid is 3. I am so not ready for the puberty talks yet! LOL.

Quoting MikeysMom51108:

Are you close with her? If so, you could talk to her yourself. If not, I'd leave it up to her mother. Either way, don't make her feel ashamed about it. It's completely natural.

memphismama1106
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:07 PM

yeah i think i'd let her mom take that one..... I don't get the teddy bear thing though.

babyrae717
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:15 PM

yeah I know....it kinda gave me the creeps.

Quoting memphismama1106:

yeah i think i'd let her mom take that one..... I don't get the teddy bear thing though.

SimplySteph
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:18 PM

Yes, it's strange but as you said, she's immature.  I think she needs someone to explain to her that if she wants to do this kind of thing, it should be private.   

stephanie546
by Member on Feb. 17, 2009 at 8:16 PM

she is not your daughter or your husbands....so dont say anything. she is growing up and masturbation is completely normal.  She is not hurting anyone and if it bothers you too much then quit babysitting her. Also she probably needs to be sleeping in her own room too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)