Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has Anyone Ever Tried-

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:54 PM
  • 7 Replies

ALLI?  And has it worked for you,i am thinking about trying it and would like to know how it has affected anyone?

graphics_10.gif valentine's day image by megsmama_2003

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
giffer
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:56 PM

i REALLY wanna try this, but i ended up in the hospital years ago from taking diet pills & i am terrified. i know alli is FDA approved, but i just can't get past my fears. i have heart palpitations & it worries me.

does anyone know if it is safe to take with my condition? and is it worth the money? i need to lose about 50 pounds & i would like to do so before my family reunion in august.

i hate mondays

TinaNichole
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:57 PM

I don't take it, but have looked into it (I'm currently breastfeeding so can't right now) BUT I have heard a lot about if you eat too much fat, TMI WARNING - you will have a sudden bout of loose, greasy diarrhea

TBOYLE210
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:03 PM

Quoting TinaNichole:

I don't take it, but have looked into it (I'm currently breastfeeding so can't right now) BUT I have heard a lot about if you eat too much fat, TMI WARNING - you will have a sudden bout of loose, greasy diarrhea

This is absolutely true. I have a cousin who used it until this happend to her. She stopped taking it after that. She said - In all seriousness - that she coulden't hold it in. It is greasy. It sounds funny, but I am 100% serious.

sylvesteramy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:08 PM

I tried it and I liked it. I have tried other diet pills but they made my heart race and I could not sleep well but with Alli I didn't have any of these symptoms. The only one I did have was BM problems and that was only for a few days until u learn what you can and can't eat. It  effects u when u eat to much food with fat in it. So it helps you learn to eat the right foods. I lost 7 pounds the first month then I finally had to stop buying them because we couldn't afford buying them anymore.  Hope this helps.

ereilman
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:17 PM

My sister in law and her friends took it. They commented about the greasy bowel movements. Neither of them stayed on it long and it hasn't seemed to work.

ANewPerspective
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:39 PM

I have a heart murmer and I for awhile was taking a different diet pill. Well I mentioned it at one point to my doctor and they said to absolutely NOT take any diet pill containing phentermine..but I suggest talking to your doctor.

Quoting giffer:

i REALLY wanna try this, but i ended up in the hospital years ago from taking diet pills & i am terrified. i know alli is FDA approved, but i just can't get past my fears. i have heart palpitations & it worries me.

does anyone know if it is safe to take with my condition? and is it worth the money? i need to lose about 50 pounds & i would like to do so before my family reunion in august.

chrissy780
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 3:53 PM

i tried it and i had every symptom on the bottle.  i was lucky that i was a stay at home mom.  it is pretty humilitaing. if you do try it though and you do habe the stmptoms and decide to discontinue, the symptoms stop that day or the next.  i did loose a couple pounds and i took it only for a couple weeks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)