Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

morning sickness question

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:55 PM
  • 27 Replies

I know this is a hard thing to remember but does anyone remember when the morning sickness ends? I am currently 6 weeks pregnant with our third child. I have an around the clock queasy feeling and it is taking its toll. Staving yet can't eat because every smell makes me sick.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sarah_ray06
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 12:05 AM

AWw I think mine went away around 4 months...but I didnt get it every morning only maybe once weekly

AidanTiarra
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 12:06 AM

It really depends, 3 months is supposed to be the norm. With my son I was really really really sick for about 6 months and then it eased up and I was only sick every few days. With my daughter I was not as sick but it was everyday for the entire 9 months. I hope your clears up soon.

workin_mamie
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 12:11 AM

For me, it ended right after the 3 month mark. Just woke up one day and it was gone! I had it pretty much all day, every day - that queasy feeling....ugh. I'm sorry you're not feeling well.

moms rock

Makenzies_mom
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 12:39 AM

for me it ended at just befor 3 months then i got it again at 8 months but i never pucked just wish i could of lol

giffer
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 12:44 AM

for me it lasted the whole time. i was always queezy. if i didn't eat i felt sick. if i did eat i felt sick.

i had a friend who threw up constanly until the day she gave birth.

but 3 months is what "they" say.

i hate mondays

mommyofcutekids
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 8:09 AM

Around 3-4 mo. for me with my first child.  With my second child, it never ended.  I was sick until the day he was born!  I lost 35 lb with that pregnancy!  I never quite understood why they call it morning sickness because I had it 24 hrs a day!  Good luck!

8firsttimemom8
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 8:10 AM

mine ended around 5 months

furywife27
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 10:24 AM

It all depends  it can last all through ur pregnancy or just 4-5 months.

forsythia_18
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 10:26 AM

I was really sick until about 22 weeks.

RachelsAprons
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 1:13 PM

I am in the same boat as you. 6 weeks and it is killing me.  I have found that chugging a big glass of cold water helps first thing in the morning and then if it hits again I will sip in some gingerale.  The midwife said that unisom (the medicine for sleeping) would also help so mabe at night time you could try that. HTH

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)