Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

feels like im having contractions.. but im not pregnant!

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2009 at 7:46 AM
  • 7 Replies

So I've been having these pains last night into this morning.. it seriously feels like labor pains.. or contractions.. but IM NOT PREGNANT!  I had my son dec 6, 2007.. ive had the Mirena birth control until last friday.. i had it removed because DH and I are trying for baby number 2.  So with it only being out not even a week, there's virtually no way I'd be pregnant.  But even if I was.. not any where near 9 months to be having contraction pains like this.  Its so strange.   The pain starts in my back and it circles around my stomach and lasts for 4 to 5 seconds or so.. just like my contractions did when i was in labor with my son.. only, i was induced into labor.  Anyone ever had this before? my only thought would be back spasm.. but why would it circle around my stomach.   I try to feel if my belly gets hard, but i am just caught off guard as to when it comes and its over so quick.   im so confusedddd! anyone??

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

ttc

by on Feb. 18, 2009 at 7:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Janis198
by on Feb. 18, 2009 at 7:52 AM

Maybe constipation cramps, they feel like labor pains to me.

Janis mommy to 5 great kids, 4 girls and 1 boy

busy momfamily in the van

girlygirl320
by on Feb. 18, 2009 at 7:58 AM

bladder spasms feel alot like contractions-could u have a uti?

drink a ton of water and cranberry juice and get to the doc if your symptoms continue.

jen(nurse for 10 yrs)

redskins1
by on Feb. 18, 2009 at 8:09 AM

its funny because I was going to ask if you had in the Mirena, because when I had mine in I had labor feeling pains and it was my body rejecting it, maybe you uterus is trying to regulate itself, IDK 

american footballbaseballtoddler boytoddler girl

Anthony 01/05/99   Matthew 09/01/03   Nicholas 08/11/06   Megan 10/15/07 

MAyers
by on Feb. 18, 2009 at 8:16 AM

I still have the back contractions. Maybe it's just your body getting use to having the IUD out? Good Luck.

sarahbearamommy
by on Feb. 18, 2009 at 8:37 AM

i dont think its constipation.. im going just fine, in fact i have never really been constipated not even when  i was pregnant with my son.  and the uti thing.. its not really a pain near where my bladder would even be.. its like right under my breasts.. almost like my ribs.. upper abdomen.. into upper back.  i have no idea.. i just keep getting flashbacks to this one show i saw on TLC about women who didn't even know they were pregnant and went into labor hahaha! i really doubt i am preg.. and if i am.. id only be like 4 days.. we had sex on the 14th and the 15th.. this was right after my mirena was removed. 

im stumped.. oh well..  it seems to be gone now so hopefully i am okay! i would go to my doctor, but my health insurance is really stupid and only covers 4 dr visits a year.. and i just used 1 for the obgyn to get my pap and mirena out.  im trying to save them up incase i really need them lol hopefully it was just gas! hahaha

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

ttc

redskins1
by on Feb. 18, 2009 at 8:39 AM

Quoting sarahbearamommy:

i dont think its constipation.. im going just fine, in fact i have never really been constipated not even when  i was pregnant with my son.  and the uti thing.. its not really a pain near where my bladder would even be.. its like right under my breasts.. almost like my ribs.. upper abdomen.. into upper back.  i have no idea.. i just keep getting flashbacks to this one show i saw on TLC about women who didn't even know they were pregnant and went into labor hahaha! i really doubt i am preg.. and if i am.. id only be like 4 days.. we had sex on the 14th and the 15th.. this was right after my mirena was removed. 

im stumped.. oh well..  it seems to be gone now so hopefully i am okay! i would go to my doctor, but my health insurance is really stupid and only covers 4 dr visits a year.. and i just used 1 for the obgyn to get my pap and mirena out.  im trying to save them up incase i really need them lol hopefully it was just gas! hahaha

maybe you pulled a muscle

american footballbaseballtoddler boytoddler girl

Anthony 01/05/99   Matthew 09/01/03   Nicholas 08/11/06   Megan 10/15/07 

lanceandhailey
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2009 at 9:17 AM

I was having bad stomach pains when I got pregnant with my first, had them all day finally someone said I should take a preg. test. It was positive, and when I went in I had caught it soo early they couldn't see anything on the ultrasound yet, the next week they saw the yolk sac. So, I don't know if the two were related or not, but it doesn't hurt to test. If you have a Dollar Tree they sell tests for $1 and they are just as accurate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN