Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter won't let me wash her priviates.

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2009 at 11:59 PM
  • 13 Replies

She will be 3 next month. I have to literally pry her legs apart to wash her vagina. I don't know why she won't let me. She hates for me to clean her with a wet wipe when she has a dirty diaper and God forbid she needs diaper rash cream. I mean she gets to the point that she will be red and irritated because she will not let me clean her. I have to force her to let me. Is this just the age or what?

by on Feb. 19, 2009 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dragonflykiss44
by on Feb. 20, 2009 at 12:02 AM

none of my girls went through that. my youngest is 3 now and she doesnt care if i do or not. Maybe during bath time put a little soap on her hands and let her wash it herself. just watch and make sure she does a good job. Thats what i do with my youngest. its fasinating to her, she thinks shes a big girl! LOL

edit: is it just you? or is she like that with anyone else who has to change diapers or give baths?

berrysweetmamma
by on Feb. 20, 2009 at 12:11 AM

Is this a new and sudden behvior,  or has she always been weary of people touching her?  If its the later,  thank god,  cause thats a good thing.  If its new,  she might just be trying to be independent,  but I would ask her some questions just to make sure she hasn't been violated.  Whatever you do,  don't force it.  She needs to know that she has control over her own body and that no one is allowed to touch her without her permission.  This will go a long way in teaching her self worth and keep her safe.  Hope everything is ok and that this will pass soon for you.  Take care. 

heartsandskulls
by on Feb. 20, 2009 at 12:36 AM

maybe let her do it herself?? we taught my daughter already to not let people touch her in her 'private area' so now when i give her a shower, she says no i do it, only i can touch me there.. she will be 4 in march

maybe tell her that big girls wash themselves and let her do it...

good luck

pregnancy week by week
Makenzies_mom
by on Feb. 20, 2009 at 2:15 AM

yea i teaching my 1yr old to help me wash her down there shes seems to think its game lol and does not realy fuss about it  nore though diaper changes.

Steph43701
by on Feb. 20, 2009 at 2:17 AM
i make it a game.. sing with her.. sing what her parts are.
NattysMommy
by on Feb. 20, 2009 at 2:19 AM

Does it hurt her, or does she just not want you to do it?

JudeandLucy
by on Feb. 20, 2009 at 2:56 AM

Is it possible she has a yeast infection?  DD would freak out if I went to wipe her after she pottied for a while. Come to find out she had a very bad vaginal yeast infection (she only had previously had yeast infections on her bottom so it was easy to spot). 

Also, I know no one wants to think this - but is there any possibility someone's been innapropriately touching her?  

vkp23
by on Feb. 20, 2009 at 3:15 AM

I didn't have a problem like that with my daughter (she just turned 4) til she came close to letting herself get a yeast infection.  When she finally potty trained I taught her to wipe but she wouldn't do it well enough.  she got to complaining that she was itchy.  I took a look and didn't have to go too far into looking and could smell it.  My mother always taught me that if you catch it soon enough you could use dial soap and cold water to kill the bacteria before it becomes a full blown infection.  I explained it to her but we all know how uncomfortable cold water down there can be.  Now she won't let me help her to clean.  But that's ok by me.  At four I don't think I should be anyway, she should do it.  IMO she's old enough that I shouldn't be touching her unless medically necessary.  And I don't push it with her.  She does fine now cleaning herself.  It could be that your DD is just getting at a modest stage. 

I am a conservative, gun loving, PRO-LIFE no exceptions, ANTI-CIO, semi-co-sleeping, clinically depressed, government hating, plus sized, let my kids have junk food, obsessed with my hubby who is my first and only (and vise verse), Christian, hate working part-time aspiring to be a SAHM, shop-aholic, breast feeding and formula feeding kinda mommy.  If you don't like it you can kiss my fat white ass.  My babies love me my hubby loves me and I don't give a shit if you hate me!  But love me and I'll give you my all!

wilesmomma
by on Feb. 20, 2009 at 7:27 AM

If it is a yeast infection after you get rid of it, I reccomend washing with summers eve femine wash. I use that on my DD and myself and haven't gotten one since!

Janis198
by on Feb. 20, 2009 at 7:34 AM

Potty train her and she won't be in diapers,  she can learn to wipe herself and give her baths, sitting in the water will get her clean enough.

Janis mommy to 5 great kids, 4 girls and 1 boy

busy momfamily in the van

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured