Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

my 8 month old has a cyst in her mouth. im scared.

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2009 at 11:19 PM
  • 6 Replies

okay so when kaylee was 3 months old, i noticed a lump on the inside of kaylees mouth. i thought it was a fever blister... but it turned out to be a water cyst. at that point, you had to open her mouth to see it. even when she was 7 months old you had to open her mouth.lately, ive been able to see it more... but i know its there. i wasnt sure if it was getting bigger or if she was just opening her mouth more. now, im not 100% sure it is getting bigger, now, she cant even open her mouth, smile, anything without being able to see it. it doesnt look like its grown much, if it has been at all. but its just very noticable now. my doctor told us it was a water cyst which arent harmful and usually go away on there own. well... she said not to worry about it unless it looks like its growing or its painful to kaylee. well, its not hurting her.... i dont even think she knows its there. but... shes been sucking on her lip a lot lately, idk if that could cause it to grow or not.

well... im sure most of you are thinking... 'take her to the doctor' but its not that easy. eric got laid off so our insurance cut off. we had to switch to government assistance insurance and i just got my card yesterday. i made an appointment for her 9 month check up for next monday. well.. i called the kentucky ear nose and throat doctor, and they said her being on passport, she needs to have a referral to go there from her new doctor. well... we dont see her til next monday.

idk what to do. im so scared. she'll probably have to get surgery to get it out. =[ well, thats what my old doctor said about if it starts to grow or bother her. i just hate being on this passport crap. =( i just wanna take her to get it looked at. =( i cant wait til erics work finally calls him back so i can have my bluecross blueshild back and kaylees doctor and not have to worry about referals and stuff.

advice? has anyone ever heard of a baby getting a water cyst in their mouth, btw?

heres a picture of my kayleebug today. if you look closely, its on the left side (her right) of her mouth. it looks like a little bubble. (sorry its the only picture i have were you can see it)

by on Feb. 22, 2009 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Feb. 22, 2009 at 11:45 PM

WOW I'M SO SORRY MAMA! I HOPE IT CONTINUES TO NOT BOTHER HER, AND YOU GET IT TAKEN CARE OF ASAP!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
MiMiKKrY
by on Feb. 22, 2009 at 11:48 PM

Take her to the ER, medicaid should cover it.

Bad Momma Confessional... For Those OMG Moments.

addisonmiacaleb
by on Feb. 22, 2009 at 11:59 PM

My husbands grandmother has one. I will call her tomorrow and ask her for details. I can kind of relate on how you are feeling. We found out 2 years ago that I had a cyst between my brain and spine. Well many doctors told me it was nothing and not to worry, well how do you not? By my choice I get a MRI yearly to make sure it has not grown. I was told by one doctor that many people have cysts throughout their body and don't even know it. Once you get the referral you can go to the doc right? I would see if they can drain it, I had two cysts drained from my breast.

MrsThompson1023
by Member on Feb. 23, 2009 at 12:03 AM

thanks. that will make me feel much better, hearing from her.
but i didnt know you could drain it. ill deffinitly ask about that. that sounds much less painful then surgically removing it. thank you.

Quoting addisonmiacaleb:

My husbands grandmother has one. I will call her tomorrow and ask her for details. I can kind of relate on how you are feeling. We found out 2 years ago that I had a cyst between my brain and spine. Well many doctors told me it was nothing and not to worry, well how do you not? By my choice I get a MRI yearly to make sure it has not grown. I was told by one doctor that many people have cysts throughout their body and don't even know it. Once you get the referral you can go to the doc right? I would see if they can drain it, I had two cysts drained from my breast.

Tippidy2006
by on Feb. 23, 2009 at 12:06 AM

No clue but she sure is cute!

Mrs.Whittaker
by on Feb. 23, 2009 at 10:58 AM

I am a mother of two little girls. My three year old had the same kind of cyst when she was about 3-4 months old. Hers got bigger until she was about 10 months old and then it gradually went away. Good luck with everything! I understand the whole layoff thing. My husband works construction and we never know when something is going to happen. Your little one is a dollbaby!  Good luck with her mouth...linsi

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN