Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

child eating crayons

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2009 at 12:54 PM
  • 7 Replies

i have not checked yet, (this just happend)but i was wondering what happens if my child who is one year old chewed on a black crayola crayon...they dont have a warning label on the crayon box nor do the have the posion control number...is he going to be okay and what do i do give him water?thanks for all the help

by on Feb. 27, 2009 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
canthaveboys1
by on Feb. 27, 2009 at 12:56 PM

All my children have eaten crayons and play-doh they are both non toxic! 

Canthaveboys1
cj1smommy
by on Feb. 27, 2009 at 12:57 PM

okay so no need for calling posion control...how do i get it off his teeth....i burshed them like 4 times and it still wont come off...

timelessglass
by on Feb. 27, 2009 at 12:58 PM

I'm thinking of trying one of those black crayons...my son eats them, too.  They're his favorite. ;-D

It says on the box they are non-toxic.  The makers know kids will try them.

timelessglass
by on Feb. 27, 2009 at 12:59 PM

Removal is tough.  Try giving him something he has to bit into, like apple.

canthaveboys1
by on Feb. 27, 2009 at 1:02 PM

I would give some water and let him have a snack hopefully the food will take most of it off. If not they have toothbrushes that slide on moms finger to go around in the mouth.   

Canthaveboys1
2KiddosMomma
by on Feb. 27, 2009 at 1:14 PM

My DD ate some green crayon yesterday. I used the finger brush on her teeth 3-4xs and could still see it stuck in the crevices of her teeth. I put her to nap with her sippy cup and when she woke up it was all gone. So I suppose the drinking worked or just the natural saliva flow washed it away.

Quoting cj1smommy:

okay so no need for calling posion control...how do i get it off his teeth....i burshed them like 4 times and it still wont come off...

cj1smommy
by on Feb. 27, 2009 at 2:28 PM

okay, thank you everyone for all the feedback.....he seems to be doing fine....the color is starting to go away....i think when he wakes up from his nap i will try to get him to eat something....thanks again 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN