Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

rear facing/and what age does a child weigh 35 pounds?

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2009 at 11:01 AM
  • 67 Replies

If a car seat has to be changed to front facing at 35 pounds...what age is a child normally 35 pounds? What age did your child get to be 35 pounds? And how long did you keep your child rear facing????

by on Mar. 3, 2009 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy492006
by on Mar. 3, 2009 at 11:02 AM

just depends ...I think my daughter is 32 pounds right now and she's about to turn three...and I started her in a front facing car seat at least a year ago...probably more

minimom11107

My son is 2 , very tall but not hefty at all, not skinny either and he weighs 30 lbs right now.

Pregnancy ticker
MommyOnLI

a car seat has to be turned to foward facing when the child reaches the car seat LIMIT!!!!!!!!

please read or search for your car seat manual to see what the weight and height limits are

mommyat37
by on Mar. 3, 2009 at 11:05 AM

Our daughter was forward facing at 1 year and 20 pounds. Our daughter will be 3 in June and she weighs 33 pounds. All children grow differently.

charmgirl
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2009 at 11:05 AM

I know that! and it's weight limit is 35 pounds...that's why i'm asking everyone when their kid turned 35 pounds..

Quoting MommyOnLI:

a car seat has to be turned to foward facing when the child reaches the car seat LIMIT!!!!!!!!

please read or search for your car seat manual to see what the weight and height limits are

ShellyABean
by on Mar. 3, 2009 at 11:05 AM

Depends on the child...my daughter is almost 15 months and weighs just over 19 lbs and is rear facing.  My sisters 3 1/2 year old only weighs 30lbs - she is very tiny and petite - so it really just depends on the child. 

I know of several parents who had to turn their child forward facing at around 3 but i also know a few that still have 4 year olds rear facing as they hadn't hit the weight limit for their seat.

MommyOnLI
by on Mar. 3, 2009 at 11:06 AM

but what i am saying is that your child could be 35lbs and beyond the height limit...

my nephews were 35lbs at 6 years old (yes they were underweight) but they were really tall

Quoting charmgirl:

I know that! and it's weight limit is 35 pounds...that's why i'm asking everyone when their kid turned 35 pounds..

Quoting MommyOnLI:

KristyCT
by on Mar. 3, 2009 at 11:06 AM

35 pounds -- that doesnt osund right.

My son just turned 3 and is 31 pounds.

Our car seats went like this:

Rear facing: less than 1 year of age, under 19" and weighs less then 30 pounds

Rear or forward facing: When over the age of 1 and over 20 pounds

Forward facing up to 40 lbs but less than 40" (so the head is postitioned safely on seat.  Must be more than 1 year of age.

Go to the http://www.seatcheck.org/tips_safety_tips.html

great tips, also can find a place near by to get your seat installation checked.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/activities-for-kids (Join us for ideas in cooking, music, art, movement...) 

(for those living in Milford, Orange, West Haven, Stratford, Devon...or near by looking to connect with local moms, do playdates or just get ideas and share info about the area.Also posted will be a calendar of upcoming events)

~ Kristy
Jillian
by on Mar. 3, 2009 at 11:07 AM

My DD is 32-35 lbs she only two she is also tall but my best friend her DD is three and weighs 25lbs it all depends on the child.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family

Jillian
by on Mar. 3, 2009 at 11:10 AM

No she's right it just has to do with the carseat it's probably a convertible and a largeer one.You can turn them then but it's not the best idea. i have a britax boulevard and it's RF till 35lbs and FF to 65lbs i think she is trying to extend rear facing which is the safest thing for children it's just the law says 1yr and 20 lbs is the minimum

Quoting KristyCT:

35 pounds -- that doesnt osund right.

My son just turned 3 and is 31 pounds.

Our car seats went like this:

Rear facing: less than 1 year of age, under 19" and weighs less then 30 pounds

Rear or forward facing: When over the age of 1 and over 20 pounds

Forward facing up to 40 lbs but less than 40" (so the head is postitioned safely on seat.  Must be more than 1 year of age.

Go to the http://www.seatcheck.org/tips_safety_tips.html

great tips, also can find a place near by to get your seat installation checked.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)