Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

where's my ummm..aunt flo?? (piog)

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:00 AM
  • 7 Replies

Ok ladies I need some help. I am ready to start trying for my last baby but I haven't had a period in a while. My youngest baby is almost 14 months, he was exclusively breastfeed and is still breastfeed but eating food now also (of course). Well I wasn't one of the lucky moms who didn't get a period while BF I started getting it when he was six months old. Well I wasn't ready to be prego that soon so I got the depo shot when he was about 8 months. Had a period and some spotting the first few months of the shot. Well the shot ran out Jan.6th and I still have not had a period. I talked to the Dr. that gave it to me and she said that it can run out two weeks give or take but it has been two months now so I should of had a period by now. I know that it can take a while to get your cycle back right after getting the depo shot but I only took it once so shouldn't I be getting it by now?? Any help or advice appreciated. Thanks

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
retsillacam
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:07 AM

my aunt had the shot and she only had one shot, it took her over a year to get her cycle back.

ttsjam
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:16 AM

OMG thats the last thing I wanted to hear. I knew I never should of got that stupid shot. I was crying when she gave it to me because I knew I was making a mistake by getting it. But my husband kept saying he wasn't ready yet (to start trying for another baby)so I was trying to be fair to him.

Quoting retsillacam:

my aunt had the shot and she only had one shot, it took her over a year to get her cycle back.

retsillacam
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:18 AM

yeah. I never liked that shot. The doc wanted to give it to me after I had my daughter and I wouldn't get it for that reason. We just used condoms and pulled out LOL Not the best form of BC but I can't take the pill.

Quoting ttsjam:

OMG thats the last thing I wanted to hear. I knew I never should of got that stupid shot. I was crying when she gave it to me because I knew I was making a mistake by getting it. But my husband kept saying he wasn't ready yet (to start trying for another baby)so I was trying to be fair to him.

Quoting retsillacam:

Makenzies_mom
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:34 AM

depo sucks major lol i had it 2 times and had a migrain for 6 months they finaly gave me a combo shot to nock me out and then gave me pills to break the cycle of the migran and as for a period lol what period i did not get for 6 months after the shot and then finaly went to the patch then the pill and did not like any so i gave up good luck 

beckygeiger
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:37 AM

depo is terrible! I took it for 1 year and didn't get pregnant for over 5 after I stopped.

Quoting retsillacam:

ttsjam
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:38 AM

we were doing that too..lol.. But i'm kinda pissed because you would think the doctor would of told me more info , especially since I was sitting in her office bawling. I guess it's my fault though I should of researched it more myself.

Quoting retsillacam:

yeah. I never liked that shot. The doc wanted to give it to me after I had my daughter and I wouldn't get it for that reason. We just used condoms and pulled out LOL Not the best form of BC but I can't take the pill.

Quoting ttsjam:

Quoting retsillacam:

loomis6
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:10 AM

i hated depo!i bled for 6 months straight.after2 shots i said enogh.didnt ger period for 3 months.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)