Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

clearwater FL

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:14 AM
  • 3 Replies

my BIL owns a condo down in clearwater FL (we are from ct) and we are planning on going on vacation down there for a week. Any one ever been or from around there? whats to do in clearwater or around it?

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
trish33990
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:18 AM

theres lots to do! your very close to tampa, and only about 45 min. from orlando.... clearwater has beautiful beaches, but thats all i know, thats all ive ever done in clearwater.  but tampa has busch gardens and lots of clubs to go to. and orlando has disney, seaworld, and lot of gocarts. carnival type places, and dinner theaters... lots to do...youll never get bored.

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:33 AM

I have been to cleawater many times.There is plenty to do besides hang at the beach(which is wonderful) 

Tampa you have

Lowry park Zoo

Busch Gardens

Tropicana field~~~ Home of the Rays baseball

Legends field~~~Spring training site for NY Yankees

Florida Aquarium

Adventure Island water park

Kid city ~~~  is Tampa's  childrens museum

Clearwater you have:

captain memos pirate cruise

you can parasail

mini golf

show queen is dinner cruise

caretta32
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:46 PM

don't forget the Dali Musem in downtown St. Pete, if you want to drive south on 275 you can be in sarasota in 30 minutes.  or just go down to the sunshine skyway bridge and go fishing off the old bridge that are converted into fishing piers.

i went to undergrad in southern St Pete.  St. Pete beach is fabulous and Clearwater is wonderful also.  You will have fun but be warned about the traffic around the beaches.  Spring break is starting  soon so traffic will be terrrible.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)