Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need support from Mom's who've had kids CLOSE together. (15 months for me)

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:17 AM
  • 13 Replies

I recently found out that I'm preggie again, my little man is 7 months old. Due date is Oct 25, he'll be 15 months at this point. Moms...How do you do it? Esp with a one year old who is still learning how to walk etc? How do you go out ever? Are grocery trips with just you and the kids feasible??? I'm also having some e motional issues with it too, like I feel like I'm not being fair to my existing son bc he's not going to be able to have all my attention, I feel like I haven't given him enough of me??? Help me...

PS...Plan on getting tubes tied at planned-C-Section. Anyone done this???

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyndonsmom
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:25 AM

Its actually not as hard as you think!  my kids are 14 months and 1 week apart exactly.  The hardest is getting the oldest adjusted, to not getting so much mommy time.  I nursed which for me made it harder because I was an on demand nurser. 

Best things to do are, get the oldest on a schedule if he isn't already, start to talk about the baby in your belly, at 12 months DD would point to my belly and say baby. 

It gets SOOOO much easier after the youngest can crawl and they can really play together.  My kids are now 2 1/2 and 16 months.  They are best friends, play together 24/7.  They are jealous of eachother so I have to watch how much time I spend with each one and make sure its even.  They get baths together, eat at the same time, sleep in the same room, naps are the same EVERYTHING is the exact same and that way neither one feels left out.  It will be fun!  Good luck!

TylersMom072308
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:27 AM

Thank you so much! I'm so scared! I had actually thought about them being able to play together and being best friends. Hopefully that will carry on throughout their lives!

mom22gr8boys
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:29 AM

yep.my boys are 13 months apart and it really isnt that hard.you get used to it pretty easy.i dont like going grocery shopping with them.i usually leave them at home with my husband.they are 2 and 3 and do not like to sit in a buggy and try to run wild.it is not so bad though having them close together.there is a group on here,...closely spaced siblings..or something like that.

lyndonsmom
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:32 AM

What I have learned at any age difference they are the same.  My bro and I are a little over 5 years apart.  My niece and nephew are 2 1/2 yrs apart and everything that happens is the same.  The jealousy, fights everything.  Like I said until the youngest starts crawling is the hardest. If I was going to have another baby I would want them less than 18 months apart. I love it like this, they will be in school together and can watch out for eachother, have a lot of the same friends (hopefully). I am so excited lol.

mom22gr8boys
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:36 AM

also..when you buy a ball for one you better buy a ball for the other one.they think they have to have the same exact thing.we do crafts and i tell them to pick out a color of paper and then the other one will pick out the same color that the first one picked.they play really well together usually.i dont know if you said..are they the same sex?if so..that is very good..you dont have to buy new clothes.my boys wear the same size clothes.

hunnielane
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:41 AM

I'm still waiting to see how it will be after my dd is born this wk but I can tell you what you may expect when pregnant. It was a struggle being nauseous and carrying my son around everywhere since he was 5 mo old when I got pregnant again. I was lucky since my dh would come home from work and do everything for me and our son ((he's really paranoid about our baby's health when im preggo)). He took over food shopping and cooking since I could barely look at food. After a while you just learn to do what you can and don't push it. I felt guilty for the longest time feeling like my son was missing out on all my attention but it has worked out beautifully. I will be induced this week and they will be 13 mo &2wks apart. Just give your child lots of love and hugs and they know you love them. Your dh will need to give some extra attention to your son when he is home and if you have family close they can help a little too. It all works out and im sure i will be tearful and overwhelmed after dd is born but i feel its worth it to have them grow up together as close friends. Good luck dear!!

13 month old son& 36 wks pregnanttoddler boyexpecting girl

busymomma75
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:02 PM

Mine are 15 months apart also. I was 20 years with 2 lil ones but I never let it stop me. Their dad worked away so it was just me and I took care if his 5 year old son and on occasion my 7 year old brother. It really isn't hard just take it a day at a time. I used to jump in my car with all the kids and go on mini vacations. I would bike riding with them, them in their buggy. Now my 2 oldest are 14 & 13!! And it still is going good as theyget older it gets easier & easier!!! My daughter never got jealous of her baby brother and I always had her help with lil jobs like getting diapers, holding his bottle, feeding him baby food. And it made her feel appreciated!

dakajazz23
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:07 PM

I am in the same place as you, except that I have two older children also, one that is 8 yrs old, and one that is 5 yrs old. Then right now I have a 8 month old and am due on Oct 1st. So basically the little ones will be 15 months apart. So I am wondering the same things that you are, which is how hard is it going to be for me to go places with them and get things done with them? (I guess I want to be mentally prepared lol) I know that I am lucky enough to have the 8 yr old, she does help, the 5 yr old doesnt though. And I am also wanting to get my tubes tied with this pregnancy, because I know that this one is going to be a planned c-section. My husband supports me in this decision, but then on the other hand I am just not 100% sure that I really want too.

pregnancyLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
mommy2eblb
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:07 PM

yes,,,, you sound just like me ...mine are close together too.... the youngest just turned 2..... i had a m/c in october.... i feel like i missed my time to have the last one close like their brothers...i hope to get prego soon...having them close together is to me the best..me and ,y sister are 13 years apart...... when my mom had her i feel it was alittle late.... though i love her i wish would have had that bond my boys have with each other ......its great*

Quoting lyndonsmom:

What I have learned at any age difference they are the same.  My bro and I are a little over 5 years apart.  My niece and nephew are 2 1/2 yrs apart and everything that happens is the same.  The jealousy, fights everything.  Like I said until the youngest starts crawling is the hardest. If I was going to have another baby I would want them less than 18 months apart. I love it like this, they will be in school together and can watch out for eachother, have a lot of the same friends (hopefully). I am so excited lol.

Tanya-Wifey To Austin-Mother To Ethan & Landon-Lover OF-Friends- Family-Music-Dancing-Shopping-Traveling-Animals-Purses-Pink-Outdoors-4 Wheelin-Campimg-FUN!!!!!!big smile mini

ChablisP
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:08 PM

hey mama im the same boat as u my daughters also 7 months and im due oct 29th! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)