Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want my tubes tied @ planned c section...anyone done this???

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:18 AM
  • 10 Replies

has anyone done this? does it make recovery harder??? details please!!! i have no idea what to expect.

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyOnLI
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:20 AM

i would like to know this too.

my C section is scheduled for July 22nd and i plan on having my tubes tied then too...

ANewPerspective
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:21 AM

I'm also interested in case I end up having a C-Section. Is there anyway to get your tubes tied just after you give birth vaginally?

NewMom304

Well, my mother did after having me.  If you are going to get your tubes tied, a c-section is a good time to do it.  She didn't have a trouble with recovery time.  It was the same as her first section....And this was in 1979, when procedures weren't quite as slick as they are now.

mom22gr8boys

i had my tubes tied with my second c section.i healed faster with that than with just my first c section alone.

nanaT2
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:34 AM

I had mine done with my C-section of the second baby, So I don't know about recovery time with it. But I can tell you that my recovery went better than I expected. I was only taking tylenol within 24 hrs of the delivery. But I hate anything stronger. All I can say if I were to compare it to a natural birth is that as far as pain goes, yes you have an incision you have to deal with, but it's the same feeling as when you have a natural birth and you have the "jello", empty feeling. There was some pulling from the staple, but I don't think they use staples with it anymore. You'll be fine physically. It was my decision to not have anymore children but mentally, it was kinda sad to think about never having another child. Looking back, my son will be 18 this month, I made the right choice. My scar is small, very faint. I also had a hysterectomy about 5 yrs later, so I feel my scar would be different if I hadn't had the hysterctomy. JMO 

butterflyhugs28
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:50 AM

I just did this whole shebang 7 months ago. My recovery was actually quicker and easier then the last one. Its better to have it done while u are already open that way u can heal all at one time. I was alittle sore but able to get around better, I didnt really need the pain meds after the second day home.

Jillian
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:58 AM

It'a possible but it's an operation like a c-section and i would think they would have you wait for a while after a vaginally delivery to heal and then you can go have the procedure done. It's easier with the c-section because your already opened up. GL

Quoting ANewPerspective:

I'm also interested in case I end up having a C-Section. Is there anyway to get your tubes tied just after you give birth vaginally?

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:04 PM

I had mine done with c section.I had a 13 month old and a new baby.The recovery was harder because you cant lift drive etc.(same rules as with Csection) I dont know if it was the section  the tube tied or just having a 13 month old at home. If you can get soemone to help you for the first couple days Once you get home.Also if you can make up some melas and have them in the freezer ahead of  time.

Mimee
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:10 PM

I would recommend having it done with your c section, I had mine done with my 2nd c section and I had no problems. I actually recovered better with my second c section, but I think that just comes with already being through it and knowing what to except .

Proud Mommy

TO KENDRA AND EMILEE    

i_am_mel_55316
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:17 PM

Getting your tubes tied is better when you have a c section since your already open.. And heard recovery is the same just have weight restrictions...

I just had my son 2 weeks ago VAGINALLY, and also had my tubes tied, they say the best time to do it is right after birth since your uterus is so high, they just made a incision in my belly button and went in that way laprocopsy... I think recovery hasn't been that bad except the first couple of days it was really tender and swollen but that was due to the gas they put in to make it easier to work in there..

But I am pretty much all healed, if I wear jeans in the button and zipper area is too tight that is when my incision starts to hurt, but the stitches desolve so no going back to the doc, and they didn't really give me weight restrictions he just said "i'll know when i have over done it" which I haven't pushed my limits so I don't know..

Good luck, I am sure which ever way you have it done, it'll go smoothly..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)