Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

please please please i need advice!

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:23 PM
  • 8 Replies

for the past two years i have had an estimated of 10 gallbladder attacks. BUT the past three nights in a row i have had one.. I dont have any insurance so i cant see a dr about it. I have been doing some research on the Diet. The things that it says NOT to eat, its everything that i eat. IT wants me to eat more veggies... Here is the problem. I HATE veggies. The only thing i like is corn.. which they say to stay away from...

Has anyone ever went on a diet to help with gallstones? Did it help you?

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
squidsmommy
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:26 PM

You know what you need to do and you won't do it because you don't like veggies? You want advice as to what to do, here it is, suck it up, eat your veggies so you can stay healthy. There's a mom statement for you. lol

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:27 PM

sorry I dont have any help heres a bump for you.

mommy2eblb
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:27 PM

bump

Tanya-Wifey To Austin-Mother To Ethan & Landon-Lover OF-Friends- Family-Music-Dancing-Shopping-Traveling-Animals-Purses-Pink-Outdoors-4 Wheelin-Campimg-FUN!!!!!!big smile mini

Dconnorsmommy
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:32 PM

i just had my gallbladder taken out in November... at first i went to the ER  and they told me not to eat anything with oil or fats NO PORK, nothing fried so i did that... it didn't work for me but try it .... my problem was i was preg (about 2/3 weeks) and it makes your gallbladder over active so i had to have it removed... can you get medicaid???? if you can do it and have it taken care of gall stones can get out of your gall bladder and get stuck in your liver and shut it down like it started doing in my case  i had emergency surgery... i hope it helps

Breanna730
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Thats exactly what i was thinking!!!

Quoting squidsmommy:

You know what you need to do and you won't do it because you don't like veggies? You want advice as to what to do, here it is, suck it up, eat your veggies so you can stay healthy. There's a mom statement for you. lol

Johns_Gal
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:44 PM

Look up the symptoms of pancreatitis.  If you have those, your gallbladder needs to come out, insurance or no... not to be blunt, but you have kids and they need their mom. 

Flaxseed tea can ease the pain of an attack.... so can a hot bath.  I've been the one puking from an attck in the middle of the night and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.   Labor does not even compare...

Dconnorsmommy
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Quoting Johns_Gal:

Look up the symptoms of pancreatitis.  If you have those, your gallbladder needs to come out, insurance or no... not to be blunt, but you have kids and they need their mom. 

Flaxseed tea can ease the pain of an attack.... so can a hot bath.  I've been the one puking from an attck in the middle of the night and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.   Labor does not even compare...

you took the words right out of my mouth lol

jcp270
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:56 PM

A lady at my office just went through this.  Ended up having emergency surgery (without insurance) and STILL two months after surgery has to watch what she is eating.  You are going to have to buck up and eat right or your body is going to punish you.  There are ways of cooking veggies without them tasting so bad.  There are cookbooks out there, the one off of the top of my head was from Jessica Steinfield.  Look into it, cause to matter how bad you hate the food you are going to hate the pain a whole lot more.  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)