Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it something I'm doing?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:58 PM
  • 15 Replies

I'm 23 weeks pregnant with my first child and I've already had two UTI's.  I never know when  I have them because the is no burning or itching or anything, I just have to go to the bathroom frequenty with very little "fluid" actually coming out.  I always just associated the frequent urination with being pregnant, but when I go to the doctor for my monthly appointments and they test my urine, it always comes back saying I have a UTI.  Is it something I'm doing? Am I not getting enough fluid intake on a daily basis? My doctor says she doesn't want to keep me on constant antibiotics because my body will get immune and they will no longer fight off infection. Does anyone have any advice or have the same problem?

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jcp270
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:59 PM

I am not sure but I will BUMP for you!

littlemama9130
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 1:04 PM

it may be that you have a low lying bladder. Not to sound too personal, but do you use the bathroom right after sex? That is what I was told to do. So when we are done the first thing I do is hit the bathroom. You may try that next time and see if it helps. That was my problem with my first. Good luck momma!

MommyOnLI
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 1:06 PM

some tips when friends or myself would get UTIs

LOTS of cranberry juice

wipe front to back (this should always be done but some ppl still wipe back to front)

STOP having sex

wear 100% cotton underwear

NO G-strings

NO tight pants (sweats if you can)

use a PURE and natural soap to cleanse down there (no scents or other additives)

try this for a month and see what happens...

good luck...

angelwings63050
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Are you drinking more of one thing than any other?

Perhaps you do not drink enough water. Instead maybe you are drinking to much juice or tea or soda etc. I don't know. I am not a doctor. Just a thought.

MikeysMom51108
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 1:08 PM

As a PP said, peeing right after sex can help reduce UTI's.

Wipe front to back.

Drink lots of water and cranberry juice. Both are great to help flush out your bladder and urinary tract.

vangel34
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 1:09 PM

I have frequent UTI's and I too agree with the following.  The only thing I think I do differently is that I don't use any soap down there, just rinse with water and use soap on the pubic area.  Drink lots of cranberry juice to prevent the bacteria from clinging to your bladder wall.

Quoting MommyOnLI:

some tips when friends or myself would get UTIs

LOTS of cranberry juice

wipe front to back (this should always be done but some ppl still wipe back to front)

STOP having sex

wear 100% cotton underwear

NO G-strings

NO tight pants (sweats if you can)

use a PURE and natural soap to cleanse down there (no scents or other additives)

try this for a month and see what happens...

good luck...

HuskerAmber
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 1:09 PM

My sister gets them a lot. She thinks they are from bubble baths. Needless to say, she has stopped taking bubble baths. Good luck!

70309numommi
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 1:10 PM

Quoting littlemama9130:

it may be that you have a low lying bladder. Not to sound too personal, but do you use the bathroom right after sex? That is what I was told to do. So when we are done the first thing I do is hit the bathroom. You may try that next time and see if it helps. That was my problem with my first. Good luck momma!

The weird thing is---I don't have sex lol...(his dad & I are no longer together)...

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
TaysMom041908
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 1:13 PM

yeah... i had the same problem when i was prego  i had one through the entire pregnancy! but i wish i would have had theses ladies for advice then... man they are good lol good luck!

VanaNAriannaMom
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 1:14 PM

It may not be something you are doing I had them althroughout my first pregnancy. and have them again with this one....ive done everything i could to not get them and when i get meds i take them but the dr said you are more prone to UTIS when you are pregnant. the same as you i never knew i had them until the test said i did/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)