Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Girls getting periods from MEAT???

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 1:48 PM
  • 21 Replies

I just heard someone say that girls are going through puberty earlier now days because of the hormones in MEAT?  LMAO is that true????

confused

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cass0289
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 1:52 PM

bump

kids4ever515
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 1:55 PM

Yes msg and other preservatives are made from hormones thay are added to the meat so it will last longer. Plus they give cows horomes.

mom-2-4kids
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 1:58 PM

Yes, it also makes them them more likely to be affected by breast cancer.

brandynangel
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:03 PM

Yep it's true. That's why I have tried my best to go organic since she was born. I want to do all I can to keep her a little girl as long as she's supposed to be.

Gailvixen
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:10 PM

Supposedly so. About 50 years ago girls didn't used to get their periods until 15 or 16, now it's 11 or 12. Wide range use of plastics, chemicals and antibiotics have introduced a ton of things called photoestrogens into the environment. These "fake" estrogens are suspected to make women menstruate sooner and cause all kinds of other damages to plants and animals lower on the food chain.

It's easy to shrug it off as hogwash but just think about the whole deal lately over BPAs in baby bottles. We invented plastics and antibiotics at the turn of the century, less then 100 years isn't a very long time to figure all of the side effects. People used to use mercury and lead for centuries the same we use plastics now! If you had told a Roman or Elizabethan woman that lead was shortening her life span she would have laughed at you and said it was safe.

sweetscrappin
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:16 PM

totally true... that is why we also make sure that our milk is organic with no Rbst.. almost everything we buy is organic or grown our selves.. there is also a medication out that can delay a girls period, so she can start when her friends start at say age 11 or 12 instead of 9... they had a huge report about it on 20/20 three years ago..

Mamamanic
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:25 PM

Mostly chicken with growth hormones. Look for labels that say hormone free. I know Sanderson Farms is. Also a leading cause of man boobs.

Brandie_xo
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:28 PM

sadly yes, it is true.

when we are in the states we only buy milk and chicken thst say they are hormone free.

walmart milk is one of the worst for hormones

toddler girlKailyn- January 15th 2008storkBaby#2 Due Oct. 12

pregnancy due date

Gizzy22
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:28 PM

Yes it is.. I asked the same thing the other day. I was out to eat with some friends to celebrate a birthday and i asked their mom why all these girls are "growing up" so fast.. I saw a girl must not have been over 12 or 13 but she was dressed and had the body of a 16 year old.. And they said all the hormones in meat and food is whats makes them "show" earlier..

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

flybizs.com
Mamamanic
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:36 PM

Walmart's milk is now hormone free I heard. I just don't like the way it tastes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)