Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Renting Question...i really need your opinions

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:13 PM
  • 13 Replies

Ok so back in september my fiance and i moved...well we also brought my mom my sister her 2 kids and her boyfriend with us. well the landlord we rent from only knew about my mom living with us. well my mom moved out about a month ago and we finally told the landlord about my sister living here. well he upped our rent 50 dollars. now we pay 600. the deal was when everyone moved in was we would divide the rent into the number of incomes that are in the house. well we have 3 incomes my sos my sisters and mine. well our rent is due next thursday. and my sister comes off with since the landlord only upped it 50 dollars thats all im paying....which was not the agreement. she doesnt pay any bills. Im seriously about to tell her to get the hell out of my house. but i cant she has 2 kids and is pregnant again....but ill leave the kids and the pregnancy for another day....I dont think its right...shes not going to live any where for 50 dollars....what would you do???let her pay only 50 dollars or make her pay more? or kick her out if she doesnt pay more?

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetsweetjenn
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:17 PM

I think you need to stand your ground on this. She should pay more or she needs to go.

mom-2-4kids
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:18 PM

Personally, I'd kick her out if she didn't pay her share. I know you're worried about your sis and her children BUT you have to think of your own children first. IF she doesn't pay her share and there is no way that you can cover it, then where does that put you and your child/ren?? I can almost guarantee that the landlord won't be worrying about you and you children.

lilyrose73
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:19 PM
I agree. She pays up or goes. Don't let her take advantage of you. Is her boyfriend still living there? I hope you're not letting him mooch off of you too.
Quoting sweetsweetjenn:

I think you need to stand your ground on this. She should pay more or she needs to go.

VanaNAriannaMom
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:20 PM

no he moved out about the time my mom did, because he stole from us our refridgerator and left us without one for a few days

Quoting lilyrose73:

I agree. She pays up or goes. Don't let her take advantage of you. If her boyfriend still living there? I hope you're noit letting him mooch off of you too.
Quoting sweetsweetjenn:

mom-2-4kids
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:22 PM

WOW he stole your refridgerator?? How'd he manage that? Just curious.

Quoting VanaNAriannaMom:

no he moved out about the time my mom did, because he stole from us our refridgerator and left us without one for a few days

Quoting lilyrose73:

I agree. She pays up or goes. Don't let her take advantage of you. If her boyfriend still living there? I hope you're noit letting him mooch off of you too.
Quoting sweetsweetjenn:

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:22 PM

there are 3 adults correct? then you divide the rent in 3rds..Tell her that she owes 200 and if it not paid she  has 2 weeks to Move and Mean it !!

sweetsweetjenn
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:23 PM

I was thinking the same thing.

Quoting mom-2-4kids:

WOW he stole your refridgerator?? How'd he manage that?

Quoting VanaNAriannaMom:

Quoting lilyrose73:

Quoting sweetsweetjenn:

lilyrose73
He sounds like a real winner lol. I know you are concerned about her kids, but you aren't doing her any favors by letting her take advantage of you. Trust me, I have a brother that is 30 and is a big time moocher. I finally had to cut him off. I felt guilty for awhile, but then I finally realized he is an adult and not my problem.
Quoting VanaNAriannaMom:

Quoting lilyrose73:

Quoting sweetsweetjenn:

inwonderland888

You need to make it very very clear that she is a member in household and that she needs to pay her half of the rent. No not the extra $50 the landlord added but her equally divided share. Remind her that having her kids there makes her chunk of the electricity, water, garbage, ect... Higher because her kids use more then anybody else and you never ask for any money for other bills.

Let her know this is how it is and if she doesnt like it then she need to be out of there in 30 days.

jennifer16
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:24 PM

I agree too!! She is taking advantage of you and your family

Quoting sweetsweetjenn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)