Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training a boy...any advice?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:15 PM
  • 5 Replies

My son will be 2 in June, and I am started to potty train because he showed interest in it. He was doing really, well, and was on the schedule I had started with him of every 2 hours. Now all of the sudden I am having to fight him to sit still on there, and the tricks I used before, like giving him a book or a toy and singing songs don't work. His father doens't live with us, so I',m not sure if anyone else has any ideas to help him get back into it. I don't want to back track if I can help it, he was keeping his pull ups dry most of the day; I was only having to change it like twice a day. Any tips would be appreciated!! Thanks!

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
daylens_mommy
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:26 PM

put him in underwear and let him drink whatever he wants and all that he wants. then tell him its time to go pee pee every 15 minutes. you might want to do it on a weekend and not go anywhere. let the potty be the only option. if he pees on himself then he has to sit in his pee soaked undies all day. i guarantee he will be potty trained by monday if you start on friday.

Mamamanic
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 3:31 PM

If he is just 2 then I would think letting you know and being able to feel that urge comming is the most important. He probley can not use it w/o help so having hom let you know would help. They also make reminder bracelets for kids that make  noise and tell them to go sit and try potty during the day.

kathie167
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 3:47 PM

put cherrios in the bowl and  see if he can pee on them Make it a fun Game!   Remember h e is only two Mom          

kathie167
kp_bj_mom
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 3:51 PM

Quoting kathie167:

put cherrios in the bowl and  see if he can pee on them Make it a fun Game!   Remember h e is only two Mom          

I know he is just at the normal starting age for potty training. I just want to keep him in the swing of it since he had shown interest already.

JBsMom581
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 3:54 PM

My son showed interest when he was around two and then he just stopped and I just got him potty trained three weeks ago and he turned three in January . . .we just put him in uderwear and cleaned up a lot of accidents till he got it and now he is fully potty trained. . . I guess the only advice I have is just keep trying and good luck :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)