Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 year old with UTI?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:52 PM
  • 4 Replies

YEsterday my daughter started to cry whenever she would pee, and grabbing at her tummy and it hurts. She also told me "mommy, my butt hurts!!" And today she has a fever of 101. I am pretty sure it sounds like a UTI but the doc is closed today so I can't take her till tomorrow. What do you think? And what can I do to help it feel better untill we get to teh doc??

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Lindsey624
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:54 PM

i used to get them all the time when i was a kid. I was allergic to oatmeal soap but didn't know it. anyway, cranberry juice really helps. if my son has problems i give it to him and i still drink it pretty regularly just to be safe. give it a try and i hope that it helps! good luck!

Mamamanic
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:54 PM

Take her in. That is what the doc just told me would be happening if my dd had a UTI.

Go to the CVS or Walgreens clinics. They are quick andd easy. Just walk in and be seen. They also have lab test and you can call and see if they have a UTI test on site.

squidsmommy
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:55 PM

I think I would do whatever I had to do to get her to a doctor TODAY so she can get the medication she needs...but that's just me. I wouldn't care if it meant a $3000 emergency room bill, I would get my child looked at. Doesn't the doctor have someone on call or something. Call the hospital. Someone is working, hospitals don't close because it's the weekend. I understand that private practices close on the weekend, but there should be someone you can call

ChristiMom2
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:55 PM

If you have an urgent care clinic in your town, take her there. They accept all insurances and can get her on medcation to help her feel better. If you do not have urgent care, I would bring her to the emergency room because she has the fever along with the pain.

I know how I feel when I have a UTI and have to wait to see a doctor. I couldn't imagine a 3 year old dealing with that kind of pain even overnight.

Christi

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)