Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG help! Should I take it off PIC PIC PIC!!!

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:29 PM
  • 44 Replies

I always check on my 7 month old when he is sleeping and have been questioning weather or not to take the bumper off.  Well I just went to check on him and this is how I found him!  I am just afraid if I take it off he will get a head injury.

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kristinaleann
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:32 PM

i would just to be safe...

Sparkle2000
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:33 PM

I wonder the same thing!!

PrissyKrissy05
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:34 PM

I would take it off to be safe...

pregnant belly pregnant belly

Ztabicc1978
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:35 PM

Quoting kristinaleann:

i would just to be safe...

Yeah!  I would too - I took mine off at 6 mos b/c she was using it to climb up and over!!

zebbyzebby06
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:35 PM

I would...when my son was that young we had to take his off cause he would always pull it over his faces...ive heard that they arent suggested to be used anymore cause kids do that.

onebeautifulgir
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:36 PM

I took mine off, my dd is 10 month, I took it down around the time she was pulling herself up in the crib. It says on the label to take it away when able to pull self up, and crawling.  If he does bunp his head he will learn after a couple bumps not to do it

perfectmom20
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:36 PM

My oldest did that too and I took it off. He did hit his head a couple times but not hard that it hurt him. 

redskins1
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:37 PM

Yes and if you a worried about arms or legs getting stuck or head bumps get a mesh bumper form babies r us it also uses velcro not ties, like $20-$25 and it will collapse when stood on so no climbing out 

family in the van Amy Loving wife to Mike and Devoted mom to

Anthony, Matthew, Nicholas & Megan

Cass0289
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:46 PM

Well I just went and took it off and he has already bumped his head!  UGHHH this bumper crap is getting annoying.  I am NOT putting it back on since I caught him sleeping like this.  I thought he was DEAD!  Like one of the other moms said once he bumps his head a couple times he won't do it anymore but it is better then smothering!!!!!!!

surrender

Sparkle2000
by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 1:53 AM

i just took the others advise, I went and took mine off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)