Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Horrible problem...

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 6:32 PM
  • 8 Replies

With my 7 month olds poop. Its horrible, its like she's constipated, but prunes and stuff don't help it. Her poop is too big to come out of her butt, its like almost the size of a grown persons poop, and she just screams when she has to poop sometimes the only way I can get her to poop is to put her in a warm bath and help her get it out myself. She has already had this once today and just just pooped again except this time there was bloody mucus stuff in it and she screamed like I've never heard her scream, it actually made me worry. I'm just not to sure what to do, help me please. 

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
momiofcristina
by Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 6:35 PM

Can you call her pediatrician? Have you tried giving her apple juice, or gripe water? 

preview image

preview image

MamaStone2
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 6:36 PM

I giver her Apple Prune Juice.

chel1195
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 6:37 PM

I have no idea but I would probably call the pedi!

Brendon David born 11/09/2005

Emma Tranette Due 07/19/2009

myspace.com/starter_wife_05

RaeLynnsMomma
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 6:37 PM

The same thing happened with my DD.  Look for a laxative.  They make them for infants or suppositories for when she is this bad.  The nurse explained that the blood is the muscles around the anus stretching but they heal easily.  Now if she is just bleeding then I would worry.  Then I just made sure that my apples and stuff that has fiber in it, I know your LO is only 7 months.  Good Luck, I know it's horrible to watch them when they are in this much pain.

karwil200
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 6:38 PM

it could be hemorrhoids doing this to her because if there is blood she is bursting something. i would get a thermometer and stick it in there that might help relieve some of the pressure then i would call the doc right away and let them know what is wrong. i have a hemorrhoid problem i know gross but i do and it can be very painful so i think it is worth calling the doctor before she pushed to hard and hurt her self good luck.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
lighthouse112
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 6:39 PM

It sounds to me like you need to call her doctor or go to the ER. That is not normal and needs to be checked.

MomToMags
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 6:46 PM

My ped told me to put kyro syrup in her bottles.  Worked like a charm.  But if he is always constipated like that, you might need to change his diet somehow - be sure to work that out with your doctor.

moms rock

rockonrugby35
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 6:47 PM

I think the pediatrician might know something about that...if they don't, then find a different pediatrician perhaps.

+=

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)