Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it ok to paint a 2 yr olds fingernails?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:30 PM
  • 22 Replies

I just painted my 2 yr old sister's toe nails...I was just wondering if it was ok to paint her fingernails?

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cass0289
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:31 PM

Ummmm well I hope so considering you already did it........LOL jk jk I am sure it will be fine!!  I would do it.

Brandy8776
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:32 PM

I've painted my daughters since she was about eight months old...she loves it.  after it is done she walks around to everyone so they make over her lol

MONAinpa
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:33 PM

I don't see why not?

perfectmom20
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:34 PM

I painted my sons b/c he wanted to be like mommy lol he's 3 now but was 2 at the time 

MONAinpa
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:35 PM

I have put clear on my boys toes. Then there interest is gone and there back to boy stuff.

Bekah062205

i paint dd's all the time...she is 2 as well

myleismommy2008

ya i painted her toe nails but wasn't sure bout the fingers cuz i didn't know if it was safe if she put her fingers in her mouth??

Quoting Cass0289:

Ummmm well I hope so considering you already did it........LOL jk jk I am sure it will be fine!! I would do it.

jennifer16
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:36 PM

I think my only concern would be how often she puts her fingers in her mouth and her swallowing the polish..

Amey0785
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:38 PM

I have painted my DD's toenails when she was about 8 mths old. I have not done her fingers (she is 22 mths) bc I worry about while she is eating, the chipped polish coming off in her mouth. I don't think that small amount would do any harm really. 

giffer
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:38 PM

yep, been painting my daughters since she was about 18m

but MIL is furious about it - even 5 yrs later cuz she says painting your nails as a child causes you to have a son with a small weiner. dunno...i've never looked it up, but i believe 90% of what she says is crap she makes up in her own head so i just let it go in one ear & out the other.

http://butterflywebsite.com/clipart/Btflyyel2.gif  butterfly on head   wife to mike in love

mommy to   megann  playing soccer girland dillon   toddler boy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)