Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ever miss a period and NOT due to pregnancy?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:10 PM
  • 12 Replies

Im just curious about this whole thing.. I heard of women not getting their period because of stress, weight gain and loss, increase amount of exercise,stopping birth control..stuff like that..but I just wanted to know how often that actually happens.. have you missed a period and not because you were pregnant? how did you feel physically? when did you end up getting your period? was it a normal one?  sorry for so many questions Im just really curious..thanks! :)

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BIGBOOTY35
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:17 PM

hi,i justran cross ur post, i have not seen my period since 1/09.

i ani't pregnant cause i took a pregnacy test,but i don't no y my period ani't show up yet!!!

i had my baby 12/9/09 i seen my period for 1 day and it was 2/09 and i have not seen it since.

i wish it would come on,i have cramps like its gonna come on but...nothang! but i'm gonna

have to be checked out by a dr to see y it ani't show up,cause i have been stressed out about it.  well good luck.

NoraDun
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:18 PM

I have PCOS and miss periods regularly!!! I will go anywher from 3-6 months without a period and normally when it does come it is heavy and painful and will last 1 1/2 or 2 wks!

I am a Jesus loving, breastfeeding, TTCing, cosleeping, mother of two boys:Xavier 3.5, Malachi 5 mn, and married to my wonderful husband, Quentin for 4.5 years!!

Check us out    Http://www.cafemom.com/group/XXXLMommas

toddler boybreastfeeding "Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalms 139:16

Gizzy22
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:18 PM

I did.. That happened to me a while ago..(way before i was pregnant) because i was so stressed out

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

giffer
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:21 PM

I MISS MY PERIOD ALOT CUZ OF THE B/C PILL. EACH TIME I TAKE A TEST & IT'S NEG. THE DR SAID IT'S NORMAL. BUT I GOT OFF THE PILL IN JAN & NOW I THINK I MAY BE PREGO...

ANYWAY, I'VE MISSED PERIODS ALSO DUE TO STRESS OR WEIGHT ISSUES - I'M 220 - IT JUST FEELS NORMAL. I DON'T GET CRAMPS OR SORE BOOBS OR ANYTHING.

I USUALLY JUST KEEP TAKING MY B/C PILLS AS USUAL & GET MY PERIOD THE NEXT MONTH RIGHT ON TIME.

http://butterflywebsite.com/clipart/Btflyyel2.gif  butterfly on head   wife to mike in love

mommy to   megann  playing soccer girland dillon   toddler boy

giffer
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:23 PM

HEY...I READ A POST ON HERE LAST WK ABOUT PCOS & THE DIFFERENT SYMPTOMS. I HAVE ALOT OF THOSE SYMPTOMS, INCLUDING HAIR LOSS - I'VE BEEN LOSING MY HAIR FOR 20 YRS NOW - SINCE I WAS 15. I'M DUE TO HAVE MY ANNUAL WELL WOMAN, BUT I LOST MY INSURANCE SO I HAVE TO WAIT TIL I HAVE THE MONEY TO PAY CASH. DO YOU KNOW HOW THEY CAN TELL IF YOU HAVE IT, WHAT TESTS, BLOOD WORK, ETC DO THEY DO? MY HAIR LOSS WAS DIAGNOSED AS NATURAL CUZ THEY DID TESTS & BIOPSIES FOR THINGS LIKE THYROID, LUPUS & OTHER THINGS BUT NO ONE TESTED OR EVEN MENTIONED PCOS.

YOU CAN PM ME WITH INFO OR ANYTHING ELSE YOU'D LIKE TO TELL ME ABOUT IT. THANKS!

Quoting NoraDun:

I have PCOS and miss periods regularly!!! I will go anywher from 3-6 months without a period and normally when it does come it is heavy and painful and will last 1 1/2 or 2 wks!

http://butterflywebsite.com/clipart/Btflyyel2.gif  butterfly on head   wife to mike in love

mommy to   megann  playing soccer girland dillon   toddler boy

NoraDun
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:26 PM

I am kinda new to this myself but there is a test they can do....Just ask them about it! I will PM you!!

Quoting giffer:

HEY...I READ A POST ON HERE LAST WK ABOUT PCOS & THE DIFFERENT SYMPTOMS. I HAVE ALOT OF THOSE SYMPTOMS, INCLUDING HAIR LOSS - I'VE BEEN LOSING MY HAIR FOR 20 YRS NOW - SINCE I WAS 15. I'M DUE TO HAVE MY ANNUAL WELL WOMAN, BUT I LOST MY INSURANCE SO I HAVE TO WAIT TIL I HAVE THE MONEY TO PAY CASH. DO YOU KNOW HOW THEY CAN TELL IF YOU HAVE IT, WHAT TESTS, BLOOD WORK, ETC DO THEY DO? MY HAIR LOSS WAS DIAGNOSED AS NATURAL CUZ THEY DID TESTS & BIOPSIES FOR THINGS LIKE THYROID, LUPUS & OTHER THINGS BUT NO ONE TESTED OR EVEN MENTIONED PCOS.

YOU CAN PM ME WITH INFO OR ANYTHING ELSE YOU'D LIKE TO TELL ME ABOUT IT. THANKS!

Quoting NoraDun:

I am a Jesus loving, breastfeeding, TTCing, cosleeping, mother of two boys:Xavier 3.5, Malachi 5 mn, and married to my wonderful husband, Quentin for 4.5 years!!

Check us out    Http://www.cafemom.com/group/XXXLMommas

toddler boybreastfeeding "Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalms 139:16

franklinMomma
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:33 PM

omg..  I was just worried about this 2  because my last period was Jan.15th.  I took 3 pregncy test and they were all negative.  I was having some pregnancy symptoms.  Well I just started my period 2 days ago so I was almost 3 weeks late ( I think )  My periods use to be regular when I was younger.  Now that im 29  they are not regular.  I wish they was regular so I knew when  I was ovulating  I want another baby!!!!

Zanny
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Oh yeah

Stress, over exercising, and a death in the family did it to me

ClairDL
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:38 PM
yes, all the time... b/c or not I only have a few periods a year...

If there's a lot of pain involved it may be due to endometreosis. If it's not normal for you to miss you might check with your doc, oh, and don't rely on OTC pregnancy tests... I took 4 when I was pregnant with my son before 5th finally registered as pregnant and over several month's time... I also took one after a missed period this pg and it was negative, a week later I got a positive...
steffielou_who
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:42 PM

Eh, the last time i had my period was Christmas.. I thinkin it ended on Christmas day!!  But it has been really jacked up ever since my 3 year old was born!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)