Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a little bothered by this.

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:11 PM
  • 11 Replies

I went to a baby shower today for somone in my boyfreinds family and there was a lady there with a baby girl...well...in talking and stuff it ended up that the baby was only 8 months old...and then she asked me how old my daughter was and i said 11 months...then she asked me when she started to crawl and i said 5 1/2-6 months...well her daughter was 8 months isnt interested in crawling and she baby had to weigh close to 27-30lbs...i mean my dd was chubby and she weighed 20lbs at 6 months...but now she is 11 month and still 20lbs...and her mother wasent over weight at all or anything like that...idk just my observations...could be nothing wrong but...wierd

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy1008
by Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:13 PM

My dd is a chunk too..she likes to eat and im not gonna starve her. Shes 5 months and weighs a little over 16 lbs...

Alyvia Paige Hernandez <3

thehairnazi
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:14 PM

heavier babies are usually slower to crawl, walk..duh, they can't lift themselves as steadily/easily as a lighter-weighted baby. if her baby is too heavy, i'm sure her doctor has told her. . .i'd hope, anyway.

MomOfFour30
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:14 PM

I ran into something similar a few weeks ago. I was working the concession stand at the rec center and a lady came up with a small baby, well, rather large baby. Looked to be about 9months. I asked to hold him and he hardly had head control and didnt want to stand up on his little legs....I did ask how old and she told me 8 or 9 months. I thought to myself that he should at least have better head control. you could tell that he probably couldnt even stand up...

lizzeh
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:15 PM

Not all babies crawl and I know breastfed babies who don't even get solids that are that weight.

I'll quit nursing my daughter when she can explain to me the homoeroticism between Othello and Iago.

mom2ljh

She's probably just  a big baby, and there's really nothing concerning with an 8 month old not crawling.  Heck, my son didn't even SIT until 8 months.  He crawled at 10 1/2 months, and didn't walk until 15.  And he's a LITTLE guy.  A baby who's a little heavier, may take a bit longer, b/c of the extra weight.  (Not always, but sometimes they do.)  I really wouldn't be worried.

Amanda~Cloth Diapering, Non-Spanking, Attached Mommy to my little miracle, Landon Joel, born 6 weeks too soon, 6-21-07, former refluxer, multiple food allergies, coolest kid on the block!

Then                                           Now

DaniCalx2

Babies grow at different rates and that weight is not bad.

baileysmommy7
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:18 PM

She is adorable!!!!! that is how my dd was with the CHEEKS!!

Quoting mommy1008:

My dd is a chunk too..she likes to eat and im not gonna starve her. Shes 5 months and weighs a little over 16 lbs...

myleismommy2008
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:18 PM

my daughter is 9 months and is 19 almost 20 lbs and she just started army crawling last night.....I am worried she is gonna be a slow learner

mommy1008
by Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:19 PM

thank you!

Quoting baileysmommy7:

She is adorable!!!!! that is how my dd was with the CHEEKS!!

Quoting mommy1008:

Alyvia Paige Hernandez <3

baileysmommy7
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:21 PM

i understand that but i mean she didnt do anything...there was no cooing..noise making anything she just sat there awake and then slept for half the time...and most kids weight 30lbs at like age 2-3...i dont think it is healthy for a 8 month old

Quoting DaniCalx2:

Babies grow at different rates and that weight is not bad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)