Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help me-this is a matter of life & death

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:24 PM
  • 14 Replies

Seriously, if I have to go one more day unable to breathe I may die. I'v tried tylenol cold & sinus, sudifed(sp?) and some prescribtion nasal spray and nothing is helping. I'v even tried salt water, which seemed to help the best but only for about an hour.

What is the best OTC nasal decongestant?

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lindsey624
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:25 PM

try an allergy one

aprilmayjune84

I use afrin no drip nose sprays.  They work wonderfully for me!!!

Mommy2Jayson

Dr.Mom suggests a humidifier or a vapoizer...lol.. good luck momma

I AM A SINGLE 19 YEAR OLD MOMMY. I GO TO COLLEGE FULL TIME FOR CORRECTIONS. I WORK FULL TIME AT THE DEPARTMENT OF JOB AND FAMILY SERVICES. I AM A SURVIVOR OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND RAPE. I CO-SLEPT, VACCINANTED, DISPOSABLE DIPAERED AND FORMULA FED MY BEAUTIFUL ONE YEAR OLD SON JAYSON. HE IS HAPPY, HEALTHY AND WELL ADJUSTED TO HIS PERFECT LIFE. HE DOESN'T HAVE TWO PARENTS BUT HE HAS A MOMMY, 2 GRANDPARENTS, 3 AUNTS, 3 UNCLES, 7 COUSINS AND A WHOLE LOTTA LOVE! LIFE IS GOOD FOR US. AND THAT IS WHAT REALLY MATTERS

kltaylor07
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:27 PM

have you tried a neti pot yet to relieve the pressure?  if not, get one at cvs or walgreens (or any other place like that).  works amazingly to give you at least some relief

I'm 23 & a mom to 1 crazy little monkey, Taylor Wrigley (go cubs go!). I haven't taken the easy road but I have taken a very blessed and fun one!  I'm also a full time working mom (i RAISE my son too btw, gasp!) as an interior designer. I live in Oklahoma (BOOMER!) out in the boonies. I love going to the playground, meeting new people, traveling everywhere, a nice ice cold beer, showing our son the world & having fun! My SO is that guy that has never met a stranger, works with his hands everyday, lives in flip flops, jeans, hat and a white tee. He is a wonderful SO and an even better father...and we just got ENGAGED! I love my life!

hurricanesfan
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:29 PM

Try Musinex. It usually works for me and I had it recommended to me by my doctor.

myleismommy2008
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:30 PM

Be careful using this...It does work but if you use it for to many days you can become addicted to it and then you get rebound congestion

Quoting aprilmayjune84:

I use afrin no drip nose sprays. They work wonderfully for me!!!

Bens_momma
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:30 PM

I think the best is Afrin All Night nose spray.  And definitely run a vaporizor at night.  I hope it gets better.  Not being able to breathe is the absolute worst.

CashJulianMommy
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:32 PM

I have found that Benydryl(sp?) works really well for me.

FoxyLady42
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:32 PM

Get a vaporizer going or sit in your bathroom with a hot shower going, or steam yourself over the stove with a pan of hot water and a teaspoon of vicks in it, then take a towel and make a tent around your head, breath in the vicks vapor for at least 10-15 min's..it will open you up immediantly, also rub vicks on your chest and back.

Babyshoe
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:33 PM

I agree with the mom posted above. you can make your own wash by mixing 1 cup lukewarm water with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp baking powder. Mix and drip into one nostril while it comes out the other. Then switch sides until all the saline is gone. My doctor gave me this recipe and said it works well to wash the bacteria out of your sinus are, preventing sinus and ear infections, as well as, helping to heal a cold. GL!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)