Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

red bumps??

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2009 at 10:29 PM
  • 22 Replies

Hello, my daughter is 6 months old and has some little red pimple like bumps on her butt by her butt crack and close to her vagina. Its not all over, just here and there. They have white in the middle like they are just little pimples, but they aren't going away. I have been putting desitin on it, but its not helping. Does anyone know what this is? Is it just a diaper rash, heat rash, or is it from the moisture? Has this happened to anyone else?  Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

by on Mar. 13, 2009 at 10:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kids4ever515
by on Mar. 13, 2009 at 10:31 PM

Yeast infection. You need to make an appointment with your doc.

melody525
by on Mar. 13, 2009 at 10:32 PM

My son has the same thing although they are on his butt and up at his waist where his diaper fastens. I keep thinkig it's like a heat rash because he is so sweaty and it dosen't bother him at all. However my daughter would break out like that when she had a food allery to eggs.

MachIII
by on Mar. 13, 2009 at 10:33 PM

Yup, I'm gonna say yeast infection too.  DD had this when she was a baby and I thought it was a bad diaper rash and just kept putting creams on it and it somehow ended up in her mouth and was horribly bad.  Had to get prescription cream for her butt and this purple stuff for her mouth that we had to paint the inside of it with and it was just a big big mess. 

DS 8/11/2003

DD 1/12/2006

DS 10/30/2008

I'm a semi-cosleeping, feeding on demand, give it to her so she'll quit screaming, time-out then I'm going to spank you, anti-CIO, shopaholic, tattoo addicted, driving way too fast and racking up speeding tickets, obsessed with my SO, hooked on Grey's Anatomy, Britney Spears loving, bedtime story reading, hugs and kisses everyday, MOM.  XOXO

Mamamanic
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2009 at 10:33 PM

My dd gets those sometimes, at times 2 of them. They are kinda big, not like yeast infection where it is all red.

I think she gets it from using desitin and the pures getting clogged. It took some time to go away because the area is always covered. Can dab a little rubbing alchohol on it to help dry it up.

Froggi6232
by on Mar. 13, 2009 at 10:34 PM

My cousin told me that when my baby starts moving around on the floor a lot (crawling, etc) that he may get these little red bumps over his body and that there's nothing to worry about, that it's normal.  She didn't say anything about a white part, but needless to say he does have this little red bumps and I was at the Dr's last week and she saw them and didn't say anything.  So I'm not concerned but his are just red bumps not pimples.

kids4ever515
by on Mar. 13, 2009 at 10:36 PM

OMG don't put rubbing alcohol on that babies red irritated but that is like torture OMG she will scream so bad. MY goodness wipes burn an irritated bottom.

Quoting Mamamanic:

My dd gets those sometimes, at times 2 of them. They are kinda big, not like yeast infection where it is all red.

I think she gets it from using desitin and the pures getting clogged. It took some time to go away because the area is always covered. Can dab a little rubbing alchohol on it to help dry it up.

Mamamanic
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2009 at 10:41 PM

Maybe I miss read the post. I thought she was talking about a couple of bumps. She said it was not all over. My dd would get maybe one or two. If they are tiny and the area looks red and inflamed, then go to doc and get the cream.

Quoting kids4ever515:

OMG don't put rubbing alcohol on that babies red irritated but that is like torture OMG she will scream so bad. MY goodness wipes burn an irritated bottom.

Quoting Mamamanic:

mlpmommy
by on Mar. 13, 2009 at 10:45 PM

I thought it might be a yeast infection too, but wouldnt she act irritated by it? She doesn't seem like it bothers her at all. I guess I will just call the doctor monday. I've heard that sometimes when a baby is teething they can get red bumps on their bottoms....I just dont know. Thanks for the replys though, I really appreciate it!

mlpmommy
by on Mar. 13, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Yeah, its not all over. just a few by her butt crack and like 3 by her vagina.

mlpmommy
by on Mar. 13, 2009 at 10:53 PM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)