Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Eating Ice While Pregnant.

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2009 at 2:29 PM
  • 9 Replies

I am almost 36 weeks pregnant and this last week i have been craving and eating a lot of ice, do you think it's safe to eat so much ice?

by on Apr. 6, 2009 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Gizzy22
by on Apr. 6, 2009 at 2:30 PM

I love eating crushed ice! I am 29 weeks and if i can get some crushed ice i will be all over it lol

MyIrishTwins56
by on Apr. 6, 2009 at 2:34 PM

ask your dr to check your iron levels.  You might be low and need suppliments.  google it. There's a lot of info out there about this. gl

"Learn to write you hurts in sand and to carve your benefits in stone." - Unknown

canthaveboys1
by on Apr. 6, 2009 at 2:37 PM

I was the same way and when my doc found out he was mad, It turns out that I was anemic and that is why I craved it I guess its a classic sign. I didnt know I craved all kinds of things.  

I am a non-cio, vaxing, public school sending, spanking, pro-life, opinionated, young teen mom, non married, non divorced, deals with situations as they come, over protective, opinionated, independant, tell it like it is kind of mom. If you dont like it, it matters to me not, because I will still wake up tomorrow reguardless of what you think.

maderacaligirl
by on Apr. 6, 2009 at 2:40 PM

This is true, it is a sign of anemic...I left a post a while ago about my ice cravings and googled it and all. then went to the dr for my apt (i'm about 7 1/2 months preggo now) and I forgot to tell her bout my ice craving but found out that day that I am anemic! So you should check just in case...but also ice is bad on your teeth, but even though I knew that I couldn't stop chewing it...the craving was so bad, I still crave it now but I can't eat it because I have a tooth ache...imagine that...lol....so try to limit yourself.

Quoting MyIrishTwins56:

ask your dr to check your iron levels.  You might be low and need suppliments.  google it. There's a lot of info out there about this. gl

poudmomof2
by on Apr. 6, 2009 at 2:50 PM

I did too-the only thing its bad for is your teeth.

valery06
by on Apr. 6, 2009 at 2:55 PM

Thanks i will talk to my dr. on my next appointment.

Gailvixen
by on Apr. 6, 2009 at 2:56 PM

It's called pagophagia. Happens often to pregnant women and it is a sign of iron anemia. Won't hurt you, or your teeth as long as you are careful while crunching, however you should tell your doctor. I'm iron and B anemic and when I was pregnant I ate ice like crazy.

afrw2007
by on Apr. 6, 2009 at 2:59 PM

I was told you are NOT sopost to eat large amounts of ice while pregnant. I forget what it is called however its not good for you. It can mess up your iron count and things like that. Talk to your doctor at your next apt.

Im a mother of 1 Phillip II, Married to my bestfriend Phillip for 1  1/2 years, Co Sleeping, breast AND formula feeding, pro choice, non spanking, selective vaxxing, non curcumsizing, If you dont like it tough because IM NOT changing.

BenNlex09
by on Apr. 6, 2009 at 2:59 PM

I had that problem through out my whole pregnancy. Come to find out i was anemic. So my iron level was low. They say its not really good, because its artifical food for the baby. But it makes me feel good. lol. I tried not to eat alot of it. But when i was in labor that was all i could eat, so... But just try to eat foods that are high in iron like chichen and shirmp.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN