Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trying to get him to sleep in crib!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:00 AM
  • 5 Replies

ok my son is now 6 months and today we got him a crib. I have put him in it everytime he has fallen asleep today but everytime i lay him down he wakes right up reaching for me. His bedtime is 10 pm and i laid him in bed and left him he woke right up and reached for me but i left him with all the lights off. I came back 20 min later and he was crawling around playin..... is there any suggestions on how to get him to stay asleep ?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MaMomToTwo
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:01 AM

You just have to let him go to sleep. He will eventually. Better that he plays instead of cries... 

-mamom (!) ...to.two. /wifetoo.

bouncing mom

amandadwn2005
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:04 AM

yeah i agree, he'll eventually go to sleep. Especially if hes just playing, then hes prolly pretty comfy in there, just not tired enough to go to sleep yet :)

Quoting MaMomToTwo:

You just have to let him go to sleep. He will eventually. Better that he plays instead of cries... 

Mama's With Cleft Lip

Check out my Group at CafeMom

Mama's With Cleft Lip

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him gain world domination

AJSMOMMY0508
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:10 AM

He will get used to it.  It may take a few days maybe a week but he will get the idea.  My son was like that when he transitioned into his crib.  He would wake up crying the minute I put him down.  Very frustrating.  After awhile he would wake up and sit there for a few minutes and lay back down and go to sleep.  I hope it gets better for you!

I'm a single, vaxing, non co-sleeping, non-CIO, whatever works kind of mom.  I have my opinions and I defend them.  Don't like it too bad, I change for no one.

ashleykilleen
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:13 AM

Quoting MaMomToTwo:

yeah i agree too, my son did the same thing when he started to stand up he was also a very little guy(2pounds at birth) so he was in a cradle instead of a crib for a while so he got used to the idea pretty quick but hey if he isnt crying no biggy!!

-ash

ttcpreview image

o0o_Alleigh_o0o
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:22 AM

i HAD HELL GETTING MY DD INTO HER CRIB!

for the first week or so, whenever you put him down in the crib, if he cries, go to him.  If not he is gonna associate the crib with abandonment, and it can be very scary.  He needs to be reassured that you will be there if he needs you, and know that he is safe.

Also, put something that smells like you in the crib. I actually got a crib sheet, i slept with it for a couple of nights, and then i put it in the crib. It worked wonders.

Another amazing tool for me, was the zaky pillow. It helped so much. Once i got those, she would go right to sleep and stay asleep. ( google it)

Good Luck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)