Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my boss is an a** and im afraid of him. what can i do? please i really need some advice i am at the end of my rope!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:26 AM
  • 6 Replies

ok i have made a post about this before but i will again cause the problem still lingers and i still dont know what to do. ok a couple of months ago i asked my boss for a transfer to another store cause i would be moving. he told me at the time that we were short staffed and that he needed my help still but he would get the transfer in as soon as he hired some more people. understandable right? ok now those couple of months have passed and he has since hired 5 more associates so i approached him again asking him about my transfer and he told me that since i am only moving a town away that he is not going to put a lot of emphasis on putting my transfer through? wtf? why the fuck should that matter? i didnt want to argue with him so i just walked away. but i am so pissed. i live right across the street from the store i want to transfer to and i just dont see the point in driving to another town for work when i live right across the street. i have had problems with this particular boss before with his attitude towards me and him calling me names not to long ago and scolding me in front of customers so that is also part of the reason i want to transfer but i cant get him to put my transfer through no matter what i do. i have spoken to the manager at the store i want to move to and he told me that he would call but my current boss keeps feeding that line of bullshit and i am still unable to transfer. i am supposed to go through my boss first anyways but how can i when he is being unreasonable? i feel like he is just being an ass and refusing to transfer me to get me to get so mad that i will quit which i am tempted to do but cant cause we need the money so i feel stuck and am getting frustrated. i dont know what to do. i am afraid to go to the district manager and complain cause i fear my boss will make my life a living hell at work if i do. i am not a very outspoken person and fear confrontations but i dont want to keep going to work everyday afraid to work cause i hate my boss and vica versa. i am a good worker,have only been late once,hardly ever call off and always do what i am told so i dont see my boss is doing this to me but he is. what can i do?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LissaJ83
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:54 AM

if possible go up the chain of command. talk to his supervisor, if they do nothing, talk to their supervisor, etc. until you get the problem resolved.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Aamy
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:56 AM

Talk to your HR ppl ...... They can help.

Only half the patients who go into an abortion clinic come out alive.   ~ Author Unknown
If it isn't a baby, then you aren't pregnant, so what are you aborting ?   ~ Author Unknown

shoegirl01
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:08 AM

Can I ask where you work?  Sounds creeply too much like my co.

Having a bad day?  Come vent here WITHOUT the drama of the other groups!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/momsventing

jenke
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:12 AM

Go to the store you want to work at and talk to the manager there and explain what is going on maybe he can do something to help you get transferred there.

5ontherock
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:24 AM

what if you quit and apply at the new store? tell your boss you no longer have transportation and the other store is across the street.

maybe he luurrrrvveessss you and wants to keep you around.lol.

talk to your district manager and tell him how much you would like to stay with the company but its getting hard to get to the store when the other store is sooo much closer and convient and how wonderful it would be to be able to work at a moments notice and cover and help out when needed.

kiss butt. other wise talk tot he new store and lay it out for them. he can brow beat your boss and get it done. hope i helped. dont let yourself got stressed over it. you will make yourself sick and nervous over dealing with it. want me to do it for you? give me some phone numbers. im great with things like this. very diplomatic.

jamie~ wife to Greg ,mom to jonathan 14, Ethan 3.5 and Rhiannon 2.

Medical Scientist on the night shift~
fawn321
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:59 AM

You have used your chain of command twice already with undesirable results. It's time to contact HIS boss. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)