Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for changing your childs diet.

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:17 AM
  • 4 Replies

My son is going to be 1 this month. He has always been formula fed, but is it the right time to start him on 2% milk? Do I just give it straight to him? How did you get your child use to it and what were their feeding habits when they reached one?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kalio
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:32 AM

Did doc say he needed to start on 2%? It's usually whole milk. Because they need the extra fat and that is usually the easiest way to get it.
For my youngest I just started adding it in slowing. 2oz milk with 4oz formula for a couple day,etc..By then they should be eating close to three meals a day along with snacks,and a very balanced diet.

ms
we need to find a cure

kmsmommy430
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:34 AM

hey do you live in tucson

brittbaby
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:49 PM

Usually he eats when I eat. He really won't eat food unless he sees that i am eating and wants it off my plate. So the 3 meals a day is kind of hard. But i will just start adding milk to his formula and then just stop with the formula. Thanks for the advice.

ZombieBroad
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:52 PM
ur child needs to get 3 square meals a day and a snack in between. he needs to be getting at least 50% of his calories from solid foods. ADDITIONALLY he needs to be on whole milk, no 2% until the age of 2 at the very least. and u need to transition slowly, starting with 25% whole milk 75% formula, then 50/50 and so on...

"A baby is God's way of saying the world should go on"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)