Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG! I GOT NO SLEEP LAST NIGHT! WHAT DID I DO WRONG???

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:35 AM
  • 18 Replies

Ok ladies... I really need your advice. My son is 6 months old and we have started him on Stage 2 gerber food. The night before last night and last night he has a half of a jar of Chicken Noodle Dinner and a little bit of fruit for dessert. I didnt realize the correlation, but the past two nights he has been up screaming. I literally only got 3 hours of sleep last night. What did I do wrong?  Am i supposed to go about introducing new food in a different way???  I could really use your help.... I need some sleep.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
B.A.G.
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:37 AM

hmm, maybe his stomach isnt ready? i did the same thing you did and my ds took to it rather well. im sorry im not much help!! best of luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
bnasmom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:38 AM

You poor thing!  Maybe his tummy is hurting?  Does he act like he is in pain?  Since he is 6 months he should still be getting most of his nurishment from breast milk or formula, so maybe back off the food a little and see if that helps.  If it does, maybe check with the doctor and see what is up.  It sounds like to me it is not your fault, but maybe he just doesn't feel well....good luck, keep us posted and try to grab a nap!

steffielou_who
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:40 AM

Don't start 2 foods together.. If one is making him sick, you'll never be able to tell which one it is...  But I would say the fruit is probably upsetting his tummy.. Good luck!

Janis198
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:43 AM

I think he is too young for that kind of food. I wouldn't give him stage 2 yet. go back to stage 1 foods.

Janis mommy to 5 great kids

bouncing momfamily in the van

HappyHilary
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:46 AM

This is what I was thinking.  Plus it's not a good idea to start 2 dif foods at once, because if he's allergic to one you wouldn't know which one!  Good Luck.  I hope he feels better!

Quoting Janis198:

I think he is too young for that kind of food. I wouldn't give him stage 2 yet. go back to stage 1 foods.

I am the Mother of a wonderful boy, Lucky wife of Matt, and Happily pregnant Again!

Destiny1403
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:03 AM

I did not introduce two new foods at once. It was stage 1 fruit and half of a jar of chicken noodle.

Quoting HappyHilary:

This is what I was thinking.  Plus it's not a good idea to start 2 dif foods at once, because if he's allergic to one you wouldn't know which one!  Good Luck.  I hope he feels better!

Quoting Janis198:

gypsydancer7
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:05 AM

Drs recommend waiting to start stage 2 foods until at least 9 months....their little bodies cannot digest them- especially something so complex as chicken noodle. Too many ingrediants. Wait until hes the proper age for stage 2 food

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." --Einstein, Albert

jenke
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:06 AM

he could have been constipated.  I would also give him apple juice with it to help with constipation. 

Smallfry803
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:08 AM

I dunno.. I didnt start stage 2 with my DD til 7 months but she had already been on stage one for 2-3 months.. I have not yet tryed anything on stage two exept for the fruits and veggies. Maybe It didnt agree with his tummy.

Hartbrayka
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:10 AM

Stage 2 has alot of gassy ingredients in them, I'd hold off on the stage 2, he might also be getting acid reflux from it.

Hey moms! Are you sick of cooking the same things over and over and need some variety? Or do you have any interesting recipes to share with us? If so, then join our group MEAL IDEAS and get cooking!!!baking  Meal Ideas

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)