Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to cook a ham... piog

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:37 AM
  • 5 Replies

So, I bought a Carolina Pride pork shoulder ham yesterday and I'm planning on cooking it for dinner... But how do I cook a ham?? I have never in my life made one before so I am lost.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.. How long do I cook it and at what temp.?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kingandqueen103
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:40 AM

There should be directions as far as what temperature to set the oven at on the ham somewhere (sometimes it's on the inside of the label.  But usually, you'd put a small amount of water in the bottom of a baking dish, place the ham in the dish, cover with foil & bake for the time indicated on the directions (usually a few minutes per pound).  Hope this helps & good luck!

beckygeiger
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:41 AM

this is the recipe I use. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sangria-Ham/Detail.aspx I don't usually use a bone in ham but I still follow this recipe. if your ham is boneless it says on the package how long to cook it (usually 10 min per lb)

steffielou_who
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:41 AM

Thank God you told me this... 

Quoting kingandqueen103:

There should be directions as far as what temperature to set the oven at on the ham somewhere (sometimes it's on the inside of the label.  But usually, you'd put a small amount of water in the bottom of a baking dish, place the ham in the dish, cover with foil & bake for the time indicated on the directions (usually a few minutes per pound).  Hope this helps & good luck!

3timesoccermom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:55 AM

LOL steffielou - your reply is so cute!  I hope your ham turns out great.

Quoting steffielou_who:

Thank God you told me this... 

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Group Admin on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:42 PM

baking
Hi,

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups...

Recipes
Crock Pot Moms
Recipe Swap!
HOME COOKING RECIPES

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

< The Cafe Group Admin Team

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)