• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babysitter = Extra Present?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:43 AM
  • 3 Replies

Poll

Question: Present?

Options:

Yes but something small

Yes but what her parents suggest

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 12

View Results

Do you give the kids you watch a gift for Easter and all other holidays? This is the first time I've ever watched a child before so I really dont' know. The kid is sort of family my FIL was going to marry the baby's grandmother but decided she was nuts! What do I do here? By the way she's only 13 months!

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
BUBBASMOM606
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:48 AM

Hi, I voted other, because for Christmas and birthdays I would get them something small but as for Easter I am not sure. I guess maybe I would make a little something with the extra candy I had from making my kids baskets and wait until they were picked up to give it to them, But I  dont think I would go out and buy something special for Easter. I hope this helps.

lcbowman
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:50 AM

When I babysat on a regular basis I gave my kids a small goodie bag.  Nothing big.  Something similar to what I would give as a goodie bag for a birthday party.  But it is certainly not required.  If you don't have the money just skip it. 

BFMomma08
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:50 AM

I wouldn't unless I know the family is not off very well and know that the kids wouldn't be getting a basket from anybody else in the family.  Each holiday adds up very quickly.  You could do a craft with them and make & decorate a basket with them then add some candies and eggs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)