Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*update* One positive.. Two negatives?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:58 AM
  • 19 Replies

-- so i was tired of waitin and i called my mother in law who works at a hospital and asked if she could do anything for me since i do not have insurance, and she is close to the girl in the lab and she understood my situation... and she let me come in on my lunch break and drew some blood and i am NOT pregnant!!! so i can relax easy now!

I know most of you are just goin to say go to the dr but my work insurance does not kick in for another month so i just need to hear what some of you have to say...

I am not supposed to have my period for about 5 or 6 more days, but we had sex alot when i was ovulating.. (not the best idea, i have a 5 month old) he didnt go in me but he got close!

so i have been feeling really weird lately.. so i took a test just to see if it would say anything..

so the 1st one was positive and it was positive REALLY fast... then my hubby went and bought two more and they were negative... it may just be too early,but has this happened to any of you? and what were the results??

sorry its blurry... but i didnt have the negative ones... help me out hear with some advice i need it!

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fcangel9
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:01 AM

blue dye tests can read false positives more than the pink dye tests.  i would wait a couple days and retest with either a digital test or a pink dye test. 

val_alise0531
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:01 AM

whats the deal with the blue dye

happymom_0307
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:04 AM

I had the same thing happen a couple years ago.  I talked to the doctor.  She said it is likely I had an early miscarriage.  She says that a lot of people have miscarriages and never know it because they don't ever miss a period. 

I was also told that best time to get an accurate reading on a test was 1 week after your missed period.

PilotWifey
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:04 AM

Never heard that about blue dye....

always heard you can never have a false positive...you have to have the pregnancy hormone for the first line to show up at all....if theres no hormone ...no line.

You can have false negitives......maybe your urine at that time wasnt strong....like it was the day before....

wait a few more days and test your pee right in the morning ....First pee of the day....then you should know...

good luck. 

Oh just noticed from your pic you have a very small baby.....if your baby is very young its possible you still have the pregnancy hormone is your system from that baby and the 2nd two tests it didnt show up cause the hormone is finally almost gone....I dont know ....just throwing htat out there after noticing that picure....

val_alise0531
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:12 AM

thanks..

i had never heard that about blue dye either...

just really on edge right now!

fcangel9
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:13 AM

they are more common for evaporation lines and harder to read because the dye tends to stick... if you go into any of the ttc groups or peeonastick.com  they will have posts and info there.

val_alise0531
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:46 AM

what kinds of tests do you all reccomend

acbbsmama
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:49 AM

Quoting fcangel9:

they are more common for evaporation lines and harder to read because the dye tends to stick... if you go into any of the ttc groups or peeonastick.com  they will have posts and info there.

Definetely don't use blue dye tests, the suck. I've heard that First Response are good.

"We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that s/he is someone today"

mlbrooks421
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:49 AM

ANy that have the pink dye instead.

Quoting val_alise0531:

what kinds of tests do you all reccomend

Schleetle
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:51 AM

I used first response the day I missed my period, and it turned positive in less than 10 seconds. I would go for that the BFP is on my page if you want to see it... I really can't tell from your pic what that is though sorry.

Pregnancy Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)