Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Easter question.......

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:22 AM
  • 6 Replies

Okay, so my dd's (all three of them) will be at there dad's on Easter until like 8pm. I KNOW he won't do anything for them in the morning, like hide eggs or anything, but they will be going to there grandmas(his mother's) house at about 4pm to do Easter over there. My question is, I drop them off at his house at noon on Saturday, should I do an Easter with them on Saturday morning?? My 3.5 yo and 2 yo KNOW there is suppost to be eggs and the Easter bunny is comming, but they also know it's not untilk Sunday when they are at daddy's....... I want them to have an Easter MORNING...... should I just say the easter bunny came early on saturday to my house for them or is that silly???

For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. Psalm 139:13-14

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MrsJenL
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:25 AM

Hummm... I think it would be fine to do a lil Easter festivities for them. and you can explain to them about the bunny came early. Good Luck!!! =) 

Baby_20winnie_20the_20pooh_20sleep_20-_20winnie_20de_20poeh_20slaap_normal~Mamma-Paka!!!

mommycat8876
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:26 AM

I used to do that for my kids.  I would just tell them I made special plans with the Easter Bunny or Santa, because some kids have two houses.  They were totally ok with that.  Good luck!

Lindasmama
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:26 AM

It might seem silly to us but for kids.I sya do it thayt way.the easter bunny thought it would be nice for them to easter with mommy too.

kylie4
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:31 AM

Tell them you called the easter bunny and told them they would not be here, so he said he would come on Saturday instead.  I did that with my kids and it worked well.  Kinda like when I forgot for the tooth fairy to come, I said "oh I forgot to call her, I will call her tonite and remind her"  My kids were none the wiser.  Sometimes a mom has to do that!

WendyJR
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:32 AM

What my aunt did with my cousin is she hid her easter basket in the house, said the easter bunny hid it and she had to find it.  So instead of hunting the eggs she hunted for her easter basket (had some goodies in it) before she went to her dads.  It was something fun to do.  And even when she didnt' go to her dads her mom still hid the basket.  I say start your own tradition with your girls so that it's special for you as well. 

lovemycorbin
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:35 AM

Yeah I would def. do that if i was you. I don't think it is silly at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)