Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just Curious edit

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:36 AM
  • 2 Replies

When you write a post are you honestly looking for other people's advice and opinions or just looking for validation of your feelings or what you are doing?  So often I read that people want "opinions" but get upset when they go against what they are feeling or doing.  I will admit I have done that a couple of times but usually I truly want advice or opinions.  So just curious, why do you really post?

EDIT:  Ok so I understand vents.  LOL I do them ALL the time.  I label them as such.  We all need to vent and that is one of the best things about cafemom is the ability to vent.  But then label it as a vent, don't say I want your honest opinion.  All I am saying is be honest in what you are looking for,  might save a lot of drama.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
orange4agua72
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:40 AM

I think it's just like every other time in a woman's life (especially if you are pregnant), when you are angry, you just wanted to be validated, but don't want to look like you want to be. I think when I post something and it's because I'm upset, it does irritate me a little when people think I'm sorng, but I think it's more out of frustration about being upset than actually upset with someone elses opinion!!! Sometime women just need to vent but don't want to look like complete asses by saying everyone else is wrong just agree with me!!! IDK........ Most of the time when I post I really DO want advice, but when anyone is upset you need to be careful on replying if you don't agree because it will probably just aggrivate them more!!!!!

For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. Psalm 139:13-14

Familytyme
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:18 AM

I don't usually post something unless I am at a point where I just don't know what to do and I need some help from other mothers.  However I do see people venting on here all the time and I believe that they are mostly looking for validation.  I can understand that. There are times when my SO or DD make me so angry that I just want to vent and let it all out, I don't tend to do that here though for feat that someone might tell me I was wrong. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)