Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

depression?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:11 AM
  • 7 Replies

Hello,

How does one know whenever post partum depression gets bad or worse?

I was diagnosed with it not long after I gave birth and was given depression pills.. which worked well and about 3 months later I lost my insurance and couldn't afford them anymore.. I thought anyways maybe this is the perfect time to see if I don't need them any more because everything was looking up and Chase's colic was going away.. things were getting better.. but it Has been a little less then a month and I am starting to get down again somethings .. I don't know if those baby blues things could last this long or if it is post partum .. or if I have just been having a bad week.. it comes and it goes??

any advice on the subject??

-->Shay.           :]

[Chase's mom!]

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Ssgtadkinswife
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:24 AM

YOU COULD BE RELAPSING!! YOU REALLY NEED TO CALL YOU DOCTOR AND GET BACK ON THEM IF POSSIBLE!! GOOD LUCK!!!

CHowell
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:26 AM

was your depression bad? i know i had a bit of the baby blues but i never thought it was PPD i just made sure my DD was cleaned feed and burped and if i need a rest i'd put her down for a couple min. to take a breather.

canthaveboys1
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:34 AM

I thought it could last up to a year. That is what I have heard anyway. I think you should call your doc and get them asap, if nothing else a generic form that is lower cost.  

2wndrfl_btrflys
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:05 PM

sometimes if you cannot afford them due to lose of insurance you can always go to your local health dept. and ask them to check you out and maybe they can give you some pills based on income. or call social services and ask them if you they know a way to help you out. good luck

br0kenscars
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:13 PM

Thank you all for replying.  I am wondering though if it is just baby blues and not full blown PPD because I don't feel it all of the time just sometimes I feel like I want to get out or get away .. and that is what scares me.. but that feeling never lasts ... especially when Chase is either sleeping or smiling .. I fall in love with him all over again

-->Shay.           :]

[Chase's mom!]

Familytyme
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:00 PM

baby blues usually ahppen in the first couple of days after giving birth and only last about a month. Now I don't know how long PPD last, it never really goes way if it is untreated.  I have never heard of a doc just perscribing meds without continued therapy.  You very well could be falling back into it and should deff see your doc.

br0kenscars
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:00 PM

well my doctor was an idiot and whenever my mom called in and said I was crying all the time she didn't even ask to see me just perscribed the pills.. I am gonna try to get welfare insurace or something to get them back but I wish I could do something else.. I hate taking pills. And I don't know it is just hard .. I just wish I didn't have it at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)