Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when you were pregnant did your chin?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:22 AM
  • 9 Replies

break out over night?  ive never had acne ive always had little bumps here and there, i woke up this morning and my chin is covered in acne....what can i put on it to make it better?

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Dancesontoes17
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:26 AM

I am having the same problem.  I usually don't have problems with my skin.  When I was pregnant with my son I had a little but not like this and it's on my chest yuck!  I would just wash you face more but I think it's hormones and not much you can do about it with my first after awhile it went away I hope it goes away soon. 

MPWife89
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:29 AM

Yes its hormones that are causing your overnight acne. Due to high levels of the pregnancy hormone pimples that used to not be that much of a problem increase. Just another thing to love about pregnancy! LOL.

Mommy2LnJ
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:19 PM

I had the same problem when I was pregnant with my twins. My face broke out, not only in zits, but in large pimples in patches, I hated going out anywhere. I found AcneFree Severe at Target, I think it was around $30, it's a 3 piece kit and it started working within a couple of days. If it's not bad though, washing your face with OTC stuff should work fine.

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Group Admin on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:44 PM

stork

Hi navywifey2006,

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

You may also want to post on some of CafeMom's pregnancy groups!

Click on this Newcomers Club link to find PREGNANCY Info On CafeMom!

Best wishes!

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team

WendyJR
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:24 PM

Mine did frequently...i had my son went back on the birth control pill and no more acne :D

mommytoG
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:28 PM

Have you tried to put a little bit of alcohol on them. That dries them up. Or at night you can put toothpaste on them and then go to sleep and wash your face in the morning.

I have found that softsoap handsoap works the best for me in cleaning my face

livewell
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:29 PM

Be very careful not to go overboard with harsh cleaners or zit meds! You can end up causing MORE pimples. I use a brand that has tea-tree oil in it...have you ever tried tea tree oil?

Pregnant with our 5th, and he's a boy! Thank goodness we both work from home!Pregnancy ticker

mama2b709
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:29 PM

UGH! I know how you feel! I am 28 wks preggo and I am just NOW getting over a HUGE pimple that i had right on the left side of my forehead. It was HORRIBLE. So painful and when i say it was huge, i mean like the size of a Quater. I was misserable. I just let it run its course because thats all i really could do. I hope your's clear up soon! I feel for you!

navywifey2006
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:46 PM

i never had this problem with my boys....hopefully its a girl this time!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)